PDA

View Full Version : Having a really bad day today....

sarah jayne
26-10-09, 15:23
Hi everyone, some of you will know that ive had a headache for 3 months now, its really getting me down. Ive tried allsorts from tiger balm to different medication, nothings working. I feel so ill, ive got no energy, my head hurts, my chest hurts, i just feel like crying. My little boy has got chicken pox, hes only 3 so hes finding it really hard, hes got them in his mouth so he cant eat and im struggling to get him to have fluids, he hardly slept at all last night so that probaly hasnt helped with my headache. I just dont know what to do, i cant stop worrying that ive got something seriously wrong with me and that im going to die and not see my children grow up. My doctors no help, he makes me feel like im wasting his time, he doesnt care. I just dont know what to do, my life is hell....:weep:

pd
26-10-09, 16:12
Hi, sorry things are so rubbish at the moment. :hugs::hugs:
Have you considered asking to see another doctor if you feel that yours isn't helping? Hope your little boy is better soon, and you can get some sleep!

Good luck.

countrygirl
26-10-09, 17:15
Try and see another Dr in the practise if you can and explain how worried you are - I have found if I admit what I am frightened of so in your case I assume you are worried you have a brain tumour??? then the Dr can explain why he thinks you don't have one. I found this very effective with my last GP but having moved house and changed Drs I am starting all over again.
If you really can't be reassured then ask for a brain scan - your GP can send you for an MRI in most areas of the country or you can pay yourself with a GP referral.
I know this is not ideal for someone with health anxiety as you just stagger from one fear to another with every symptom we have and I have spent quite alot of money over the years paying for tests because I felt guilty for spending the NHS money.

randomworry
26-10-09, 18:44
hi sarah jayne sorry to hear you are feeling this way- obviously i am not a doctor but i remember you saying you were on codeine for like 2 years with daily use. If you have now stopped the codeine it will take time for you body to readjust - the headache may be a withdrawel effect. It will definately get better.

hope your little one gets better soon too.
all the best

sarah jayne
26-10-09, 20:41
Thanks everyone for your your replies, i really dont know what i would do without this site at the moment. My heads so bad at the moment, it feels like its going to explode and i feel sick. its not easy to change docors where i live, but i am going to try. Im just sick of feeling so ill, im terrified of dying. Yes i was on codiene everyday for over two years but i thought it would of gotten out of my system by now ? I hope i feel better soon cause i cant go on like this...:weep:
Sarah x

randomworry
26-10-09, 23:29
sarah jayne if i were you i would explain to the doc how long you were on codeine so that he understands you need a proper detox management plan. that should help with the withdrawel process.

stay hydrated and try to get exercise to boost the endorphins again

sarah jayne
27-10-09, 08:01
Thanks for replying randomworry. Im going to make an appointment to see the doctor today, i cant go on like this anymore. I dread going to the doctors though cause they always make me feel like im wasting their time.
Ive been drinking plenty of water but havent been doing any excersise cause i dont feel up to it.
Sarah x

anx mum
27-10-09, 09:05
hi sarah know exactly how u feel hun im exactly the same sick to death of headaches as well as docs fobbing me off. Like u worried sick bout headaches got 2 boys 2 so finding it a struggle text me anytime. xx

sarah jayne
27-10-09, 13:44
thnkas anx mum. Its hard isnt it. Ive just got back from docs and theyve told me to cut the pregabalin down 2 1 a day for a week to let my body get used to it, because ive been having side effects....
Ive got another thing to worry about now aswell, my little boy hasnt got chicken pox, its hand foot and mouth disese, havent gott a clue where hes got it from but i hate him being so ill.
sarah x