PDA

View Full Version : Pain in hip? radiating down leg? Pill concerns

GirlAfraid23
26-10-09, 17:10
Basically, I have an awful pain in my inner thigh/hip region. Everytime I move my leg out or lay on that side, the pain is excruciating. I layed on it last night and the pain woke me up.

I have been experiencing pain down my leg also. My mum thinks it might be my sciatic nerve?

I am worried as I have just started taking the contraceptive pill Yasmin and thinking it could be the start of a blood clot??

I went to A&E on saturday night with chest pains as I believed I had something from starting the pill. They checked my heart and gave me an ECG etc and said it was all okay but he couldnt be "100%" sure I didn't have a blood clot as they have to do radiation or something for this...so me suffering from health anxiety anyway was worried sick by that! However my lungs and heart were clear apparentley
Worried now, what to do?

GirlAfraid23
26-10-09, 19:08
Bump!

Worried

Maj
26-10-09, 19:10
It does sound like it could be sciatica. It's not life-threatening and I think mobilizing and pain-relief helps. Hope it calms down soon. Some people do seem to be prone to it and it tends to flare up now and again.
Take care
Myra:flowers:

Alisonj
26-10-09, 20:07
It sounds like sciatica pain since it is starting in your hip region and moving downward. If it were a clot it would be more localized I believe and the pain is intense. Also there tends to be swelling and redness and a warmth to the area. Do you smoke? That will increase chances of things if you are on the pill, so it you do it would be best to quit very soon. If you are an otherwise healthy person I am sure that you are fine.