PDA

View Full Version : Chest Burning, Feels like its on Fire when i breath

johnboyd
26-10-09, 17:33
i have been having this weird burning kind of feeling on the right side of my chest (feels like my chest is on fire) for the past 3 days and its getting worse. I dont have a flu, and i have no fever or any other flu symptoms. I do spend a lot of time behind the laptop but it doesnt feel like a muscle spam, or strained muscle at all. Whenever i breath it just feel like someone is pouring hot water on the right side of my chest. I went to the doctor today and he checked my temperature and my chest sounded clear, and my blood pressure was fine. So he told if im under a lot of stress recently and i said NO. So he is sending me for an x-ray and an ECG, and another heart test. And to be honest i have had it with health anxiety and i just dont want to put myself in the cycle again and start freaking out. I have 3 midterms this week and i have no time worrying about having pneumonia, cancer, heart problems and etc.

Has someone ever experienced this problem before? Could it be anxiety related? Could it because i sit on my bed and spend the whole day on my laptop? it doesnt feel like muscle at all and it doesnt hurt when i press on it.

Robbs
26-10-09, 18:21
heartburn or indigestion ?????

kathee
26-10-09, 18:36
gallbladder?

Maj
26-10-09, 18:42
I think it sounds like it could be reflux (?) The doctor can give you an antacid for this. I think there's a lot to be said for getting out and about when you are anxious, to lift your mind a wee bit. It's just that you said you spend your day sitting on your bed with your laptop. At least you are getting all the tests done and these will put your mind at rest.
Myra:)