PDA

View Full Version : Mr Doppy

Forrest
06-11-05, 05:01
Well i have been on xanaxs for two months 2.0mg and now on top of it now taking lexapro but with the xanxas i only take one pill a day instead of three like it says there is no way i can take three and work at the same time but the need for the pills are getting me worried..iam going to stop them once i have been taking the lexapro for two weeks would i have to lower my dose of the xanaxs are could i just stop them all at once?

christian
12-11-05, 20:19
For

I know you know this already but if you do stop with a benzo, dont stop cold turkey as they say. Taper off slowly. Taper taper taper.
Or have general reduction as an objective. Reduce by halves or less etc etc.
Gives the brain time to adjust.
This helps to minimize withdrawl symptoms.
These sometimes entail sleep disturbance and "vivid" nightmares.
Doctors are reticent abvout telling you these things because of the high suggestablity of anxious persons.
I think it is better to know so you know whats happening and exactly why.

Its like if you've ever walked on one of those conveyer belts at an airport and then you get to the end and you have to actually walk...

Anyway as we all know: nightmares are not real.

Oh and Im just curious how the lexapro is working for you. I took it an had a bad reaction but I knew that after the first pill. Alsdo your dr. may not have told that a small minority of people have significant wieght gain on lexapro. I just mean if you notice that your really putting on weight and you don't know why it would be something to inquire about.

skibba
16-11-05, 21:56
I quote:
Its like if you've ever walked on one of those conveyer belts at an airport and then you get to the end and you have to actually walk...

Excellent!