PDA

View Full Version : New member

young-mum
26-10-09, 17:46
hi peeps i just joined this website but dunno wat forum i am meanta be in... in february of this year i had my first ever episode (of wat ppl keep sayin is panic attacks)... it first strated in feb, n since then almost evryday n evry night i can jus b sittin watchin telly or out shoppin etc n i get a sudden woosh of dizzyness n feel like am gonna faint at any minute...and i get like a buterfly feelin but in my heart... i hav had ecg and ct scan done.. all ok... psince february ppl includin professionals..docs, paramedics, hospital docs n nurses hav said that these are panic/anxiety attacks.. up until this mornin i went back my docs with same synmptoms as it is really worryin me nw n i jus want 2 get better n b bk 2 normal agen... and then they mentioned to me tht they think it could be munchausens syndrome... i mentioned it to my daughters health visitor wen we went to creche this afternoon and she said basically that shee thinks the doc is talkin a loada crap...

diane07
26-10-09, 19:21
A huge warm :welcome: to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

gypsywomen
26-10-09, 19:34
hi i agree with health visitor.. it sounds like you have anxiety, its not nice .affects you in many ways including the symptoms you have are main ones ,,instead of your doc saying silly things they should be looking into how they can help you.:welcome: plus you are a young mum ,,they should take that into consideration,, how old is you baby please ,,i just wondered did this start sfter baby was born ,,if so it could be your hormones have become unbalanced you can ask for a hormone test ,just to be sure its not that ,i was a nurse 15 years ,i cant tell you what whats causing your panic but i advice you to have test done if you scroll down on the left you will see anxiety if you click it will give you symptoms be strong ,,mags

Maj
26-10-09, 19:54
Hi young mum,

Yes, you seem to be having anxiety. Keep in touch with the doctor and your health visitor. They are both there to help and support you, even though they say silly things sometime. It's their job to help you get better, especially if you have young children and feeling rotten. Anxiety is horrible but you can get better.
Take care
Myra:hugs: