PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram increase?????

turkeychickuk
26-10-09, 18:38
Hi,
Saw my GP this morning and she has decided to increase my Citalopram from 40-60mgs. Do I just do this in 1 jump?
She suggested I take the whole lot in the mornings-but I did explain to her that even on taking 30mgs in the mornings and 10 mg at night as I've been doing for the past 2 months-I am feeling very sleepy all day but yet battling to sleep through the night-wake at 2-3am and cannot go back to sleep.
I did a questionaire again with her and I am still showing that I am moderately depressed-although I'd never think so-am just feeling low in mood.
So tomorrow-do I just take 60mg-will I feel any side effects with this increase?
Thanks
x

nomorepanic
26-10-09, 18:50
Wow that is a big jump and you could get some side effects from it.

Do you think it is actually helping or is the doc just upping the dose all the time?

turkeychickuk
26-10-09, 19:52
No-I feel much the same as I did 4 months ago-but over those 4 months I have increased from 10-40mgs slowly.
I am still having the odd panic attack but not as much as I was having when I first started.
But am still feeling really low in mood-struggle to do much-although I do as I have to hold down my job and look after my daughter.
I think I might increase slowly rather than 20mg's straight away.
She has said after a month she will see me again and if no change she will change this.
x