PDA

View Full Version : Newbie my story

bells78
26-10-09, 19:26
Hi this is my first time posting though ive been reading the forum for about a month now and ive found it a great support.

My worries started in June this year when i felt a lump/bulge in my neck, within minutes i was on the internet consulting dr google! Everything that came up seemed to say i had cancer or HIV......

My hand was constantly fixed to my neck prodding and poking, and this lump seemed to take over my life. I was on the internet all the time googling neck lump/swollen glands. I didn't dare go to the doctors and i was convinced it could only be bad news. I finally plucked up the courage to go see my G.P in August who said i had a muscle spasm. For an hour i felt relived then the worry kicked in again. Within a couple of weeks it was that bad i couldnt sleep and found myself in tears on several occassions. My relationship started to suffer as my boyfriend was sick of hearing my moaning about my neck. The swelling in my neck went down but i could definatley feel a small lump towards the back of my neck behind the muscle.

So i decided to go back the the doctors and this time i saw a different G.P he said he could feel alittle gland but it was nothing to worry about. He said sometimes you can feel glands and i will probably still be able to feel it in 10 years. I told him that when i turn my head to the right my neck sicks out slightly. The G.P said it will do because of where it is and if i loose weight chances are it will stick out more.

I have since felt 2 more lumps when prodding my neck, the original lump is also still there, i've now seen 3 different G.P's at my doctors who all confirm the lymph nodes are not swollen and they dont seem worried at all about them.

I just wish i could forget about them, i'm doing better than i was but still can't go a day without worrying or prodding my neck. Sometimes i feel it that much it gets tender and aches.

I dont seem to have any other health problems, and definatley dont have any weight loss, infact i could do with losing about 4 stone...lol

I've noticed there are loads of post about lymph nodes so i guess i'm not alone. I just wish i could forget all about them. :)

nomorepanic
26-10-09, 19:28
Hi bells78

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

mark1980
26-10-09, 20:02
Hello and welcome, I can sympathise with your contstant health worry as I am sure many others here can too.

It's so difficult to get through sometimes and I know what you mean about others not understanding, my girlfriend is sympathetic but can't really understand how I am feeling and she too gets annoyed with it sometimes. I have been having a particularly bad time over the past couple of weeks.

I hope you feel better soon, there are lots of us here who understand what you are going through.

Maj
26-10-09, 20:09
Hi,

I remember having that years ago, poking about at glands in my neck convinced it was hodgkin's disease!! I think all the poking about actually made the gland more swollen. Infact, many years down the line it's still swollen and I'm still aliving and kickin!! Even although you know you are okay anxiety still makes you think different. Once you relax your fears will go and you'll stop worrying about your neck - honestly!
Take care
Myra:hugs: