PDA

View Full Version : Not a good day!

mark1980
26-10-09, 19:36
Ok, I'm having an awful day right now and could do with some support.

I've been having dizziness, headaches (less so recently) and some twitching, amongst other things and had fluid behind my ear. As you will all appreciate and understand I have been worrying myself sick that I have a brain tumour.

I managed to work through things and thought it was labyrinthitis, also had a good couple of days where my symptoms got better and the awful dizziness seemed to settle. The today, it came back and I once again had a panic on - i've never suffered panic attacks before these last 2 weeks.

Now I have a strange numb sensation running down the back of my left leg and a bit in my right, like trapped nerves or something. This is not helping the voice in the back of my head that is screaming that I have something serious wrong with me. Along with twitching in my neck. my lower left leg feels a bit numb actually.

If anyone can offer kind words or advise I would appreciate it greatly, after all - no-one seems to properly understand this unless you have had health anxiety, it's a bit lonely and it is driving my insane.

JaneC
26-10-09, 20:09
Hi Mark,

Sorry you're having a bad one. Labyrinthitis is a horrible thing and brought my PAs back with a vengeance. If you do have it, have you asked your doc about trying Serc (betahistine)? I've found it helped a lot with the dizziness.

mark1980
26-10-09, 20:15
I am going back to see my GP tomorrow, they havn't said it is labyrinthitis yet. I looked it up after a couple of people mentioned it and it matches my symptoms immaculately! I am not sure why the GP didn't mention it really. I will be sure to mention the Serc tomorrow though - I just cannot keep on with feeling like this! What were your main symptoms JaneC and how long did yours last? My neck feels rather sore today, especially at the back.

Thanks for your replies:hugs: