PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol and Citalopram

Desprate Dan
26-10-09, 22:28
Well just been to see my GP and i told her everything and all about the depressive thoughts i was haveing and the Anxiety and Panic.. I have been on Citalopram 20mg for 6 months but i still feel very down...

Anyway she put up my Citalopram to 40mg and also prescribed me with 80mg slow release Propranolol..

I really hope this helps..

Can i take my Citalopram and Propranolol at the same time on a morning???

What does Propranolol do???

Thank you

Dan

Lothario
26-10-09, 22:41
Hi Dan
You may start feeling better soon once the larger dose starts kicking in. To be honest I was on Citalopram and I felt no better so my doc changed me to Duloxetine I'm on 60MG I'm also on Proprandol for the shakes. Hope you start feeling better soon m8.

Lothario
26-10-09, 22:46
Soz Dan 4got to mention try taking them in the evening about an hour b4 u go to bed that way you'll be able to sleep better, that's if you have problems sleepin at nt. I take the two together and I have no problems. If you take them in morning then you'll end up zombied come the afternoon which you will then prob have difficulty sleeping in the evening.

Alisonj
26-10-09, 23:56
propanolol is a beta blocker, it slows the heart rate and can also be used for shakes, anxiety and headaches. I take mine at bedtime

dolphin73
29-10-09, 19:46
Im on Propanolol (80mg) and Citalopram (60mg) i take mine in the morning at the same time and 80mg of propanolol at night, i have done for since i started them hope you feel better soon