PDA

View Full Version : Please help, ovarian scare, AGAIN.....

lindzanne
27-10-09, 03:32
I apologize in advance because I feel like I've posted about this a bunch of times. I have been having right-sided pelvic pain for awhile now, since April. I finally went to the doctor about it as it got worse. She suspected a cyst, I was completely honest about my HA and all the other physical symptoms, my stomach has been acting up too. I put off seeing her so long because I was in a terror over ovarian cancer. She sent me for an ultrasound and the technician saw fluid. The doctors office called and said it was a normal cyst and to just keep taking bc pills.
This was all about a month ago. I still get pain, off and on, sometimes pretty severe. The last few days I have been really nauseous. I get headaches and feel like I have PMS all the time, and get cramps and last month a little bit of spotting.
I feel like I have done everything I can, but then, I googled!!!! I keep reading about how cysts are supposed to resolve in three months, and free fluid is a sign of cancer. I don't know what to do. Is my doctor wrong? I even told the technician about my HA and she said there were no tumors or anything, not at all! But they can miss those!
I am scared, and trying not to feed my anxiety. I don't know who to trust, my doctor or my instincts. Are my instincts just irrational? Should I go back to the doctor even though she feels the issue is resolved?
Has anyone else felt these symptoms?
Please, any advice so much appreciated. I really need a pick me up here.
Thanks
Lindsay:scared15:

kittykat
27-10-09, 10:10
I get this as well but on my left side and i too have a fear of ovarian cancer, my doc has had a feel and says im fine but im not sure. It does come and go and is not constant, i can always remember my physio saying that the pain from tumours etc would not change and come and go it would be more constant, so i keep reminding myself that, but i will prob go back and see doctor again, sorry i cant be more help but doc did suggest hormone changes xx

LisaLisa
27-10-09, 15:05
Aw sweetie

I know that sometimes people say trust your instincts but if our instincts were always right we would either be extemely rich or clairvoyant!!

The problem here is much worse becuase having HA , out instincts are always filled with the doom and disaster version of events!!

Trust the dr and the facts.....not your instinct that are coloured by anxiety dear

Lisa
xxxx

Cell block H fan
27-10-09, 15:11
I get this as well but on my left side and i too have a fear of ovarian cancer, my doc has had a feel and says im fine but im not sure. It does come and go and is not constant, i can always remember my physio saying that the pain from tumours etc would not change and come and go it would be more constant, so i keep reminding myself that, but i will prob go back and see doctor again, sorry i cant be more help but doc did suggest hormone changes xx

Mines on the left too. Ive had it off & on since I was about 21, & i'm 38 now. But it disappeared for quite a few years in my 20's, during the time I had the kids funnily enough. And resurfaced mid 30's & happens every few months now, but tends to only last a couple of weeks at a time. I had an ultrasound scan back in my early 20's for it, but that was all clear. The pain had gone by the time I went to the hospital though, & I didn't get bad HA then, so I wasn't expecting any result to be honest.
But I do believe I have a cyst that flares up, then sods off so to speak! Even though not long after the ultrasound scan it came back & the doc diagnosed IBS. I dont believe it was that back then. I think I have bouts of IBS, depending on certain triggers, but I do personally believe they confuse ovarian cysts with IBS, & vice versa :shrug:
One day I will get it checked out properly, but these days, its almost pointless because its there, then its not. Probably very hard to diagnose?

lindzanne
31-10-09, 21:22
Thanks ladies for your advice and encouragement, I am wondering if there are others who have had a cyst diagnosed and did they have nausea too, and did the cyst go away quickly? I feel scared that mine is taking so long to clear up!

countrygirl
31-10-09, 22:05
I had ultrasound this February and no cyst then another in June and huge cyst on right ovary! size of an orange. Because I am 48 yrs old I also had an mri scan of all of my abdomen and pelvis and told it was a stragith forward benign fluid filled cyst and my cancer blood test was normal. Phew but I would need monitoring in case the cyst got alot bigger. Now strangely ever since i was a teenager I had suffered with right sided ovulation pain for about two thirds of every year and for two years before the cyst appeared had had no pain. I had a followup appt beg of oct and another blood test that was normal and then yesterday the ultrasound scan and was told the cyst had gone! I only had a normal tiny egg producing cyst. it may be coincidence but I had also had about a month ago the worst and most prolonged ovulation pain ever it lasted 4 weeks. The radiographer said this was probably the cyst resolving so like previous poster it is possible for cysts to flare up and then go.
Ihave another scan booked for end of December so will be interesting to see if my cyst has still gone then.
What really freaked me was that my cousin had just died of ovarian cancer a few months before my cyst was diagnosed:huh: but believe me knowing her experience if your Dr's or radiographer had even the tiniest suspician they would have you in for more tests pronto - they know what to look for.

valleybear
31-10-09, 22:51
Hi there
Don't know if this helps, but I had an ovarian cyst which had been growing larger for years, with symptoms of severe right side abdominal pain and cramping. The pain made me feel nauseous and although the symptoms came and went I was never entirely free of them. I eventually had the cyst removed. Please try to trust the professionals...I know that suffering from HA makes it difficult, I was so worried before my operation too, but in your case I am sure that they must be 100% sure that there is nothing to worry about. Take care.:hugs:

lindzanne
31-10-09, 22:59
Thank you both countrygirl and mma, you both are very reassuring!! :hugs: