PDA

View Full Version : late period - advice please

Mogwog
27-10-09, 09:49
Hi all

Haven't been on in a while as my health anxeity had died down abit but its flared up again big time because period is late.

I have been as regular as clock work from the time I started them which was 14 yrs ago, the only time I have ever been late is when pregnant when I got a positive result straight away. I have done 2 tests both of which were neg, my boobs are sore and i'm cramping like when due on but no period and i'm getting really worried there is something really wrong with me. I'm trying not to google

Any advice:emot-crying:

Thanks L.x

LisaLisa
27-10-09, 13:39
Hi

Dont worry about it hun, its deada common to have a late period. Loads of people get it randomly, especially if youve been anxious for a while.

Periods can be one of the first things to be effected by worry because the hormones that your body gives out when its stressed are all part of the hormone cycle every month too so its easy to upset the balance.

Lisa
xxxx

nomorepanic
27-10-09, 16:27
Mine stopped once for months then returned and more recently when I was ill they stopped for about 8 months.

Went to docs and he said perfectly normal and they will start again and they did.

Mogwog
28-10-09, 16:27
Thanks everyone for replying and thank god for small mercies - MY PERIOD HAS STARTED!!!!!! I am so happy I could run down the street shouting it to everyone (Sorry might seem a bit OTT) but I never thought I'd want to have a period so much:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yah oo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

L.xxxxx