PDA

View Full Version : woke up in a right state please help...

karen s
27-10-09, 10:19
my doctor put me on citalopram and bendroflumethiazide last wednesday since taking them my anxiety is so bad ended up in hospital sat night only to be told its anxiety and panic and to relax but i can't and my heart is racing i'm dizzy feel sick back hurts shaking etc i can't relax i been like this for 5days now i feel like i'm going mad please someone help:weep:

gypsywomen
27-10-09, 10:47
Karen you sound like your having a hard time i don't know much about meds your on so cant comment apart from if you write name of the med ciprl in search box you will be able t chat with people who know about this drug ,,i feel for you macs:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

joy
27-10-09, 11:31
Sounds like you are having a bad reaction to citalopram which frequently happens, Can you go and see Gp maybe citalopram is not for you

Joy

hana
27-10-09, 13:02
Hi Karen,
I was put on Citalopram for a few months and had severe reactions to it, my panic attacks got worse, couldn't sleep and generally felt much much worse.
I went to see another GP who advised that the drug can have some very bad side affects and should be used cautiously in younger people. ( i was 19 at the time!)
So i would definatley recommend you going to see another doctor and asking to be put on another drug.
I've been on Venlafaxine for 7 years now and it suits me down to the ground. Although i still have my bad spells and have to go and see a pyschologist, but all in all it really works for me.

If you want to chat anymore please feel free to msg me,

Hope you feel better soon

Hana x x

Anxious_gal
27-10-09, 14:45
same happened to me! I woke up, I felt funny, my thoughts were racing, I was paranoid, panicky, in a right state. took me hours to come back to normal.
that was when i was on citalopram,
never took that stuff again!

karen s
27-10-09, 14:55
Thanks for all the advice i will not be taking these tablets again:lac: as i have only been on them 6days will i get withdrawal symptoms????

karen s
27-10-09, 15:40
Spoke to the doctor and he advised me to stop taking them and said i should feel better in the next couple of days and my heart should calm down :)

Ahmed
27-10-09, 18:27
Hey Karen,
I dont think you will get withdrawal symptomps because of quitting the medications, but all you need now is to focus on that you are totally fine its only your thoughts killing your brain of thinking.

Just sit and relax and don't think too much,,,
Try to exhale hard when your heart start racing and for calming your heart i would tell you to do something naturaly,,,,some might laugh but do it...
have a tablespoon of honey everytime you wake up and before you sleep.
that shall do it with the heart :)

http://www.wrixel.com/wp02/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/prince-arthas-lich-king-joined.jpg

For The Lich King