PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Anxiety

Hayz
27-10-09, 13:23
Having had to deal with anxiety for years I've always thought the best thing to do was fight it, try anything to make it go away. I've recently read that I don't need to fight it, infact its one of the worse things I can do because fighting it drains me more and makes anxiety worse.

I've got to let it just wash over me. I feel like this and need to accept it. If I feel like I'm bout to pass out then just let it go and see what happens (the likely hood that I will not pass out).

I love my job and need to keep it. Need to just ride the anxiety.

This is my first day trying to think like this and I'm still feeling bad but I will try anything to make it easier and get though each day.

nineteen
27-10-09, 14:27
im doing the same as you

trying to tell myself just to accept what im feeling and it will pass, but its hard because the symptoms panic me

im feeling better than i was last week anyway, but i was talking to a girl from work who suffered like this for months n she said its a long road 2 recovery so just stick at it and dont let it win, coz it will only win if u let it

ive started just saying 'NO' to myself and saying 'accept and it will pass' then distracting myself, this kinda seems d work. im in the same situation as u with the job, only im on the verge of lozing my college position too

Veronica H
27-10-09, 16:00
Hi Hayz

Acceptance is definitely the way forward with anxiety and panic. Have you seen a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a fellow sufferer who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.

Veronica