PDA

View Full Version : New member

.recovery.123
27-10-09, 14:29
I just joined the forum.

I am a tranquiliser addict. To be truthful, and I am not proud of this, I lied to my doctor to get tranquilisers and sleeping pills for several years. Intermittent use.
I stopped tranquilisers for a month cold turkey at Eastertime, but re-instated after a month, again intermittently. I stopped sleeping tablets in July.
I went on a dowe of valium daily, to try and stablise, this time, under doctors supervision. Again under doctors supervision, but perhaps mistakenly, I updosed from 2.5mg to 3.5mg then 7mg and 15mg.
As of today I am tapering to 14mg.

Since stopping cold turkey in Eastertime, I have been suffering acute anxiety and depression. I did, however have an underlying anxiety and depression disorder before this, which was the reason why I abused tranquilisers/sleeping pills.

I am now hoping to begin a smooth taper.

I have joined these forums to help me cope with current anxiety and any future anxiety that may/may not arise during my withdrawal process.

thank you

diane07
27-10-09, 14:33
Hi .recovery.123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

.recovery.123
27-10-09, 15:03
Thanks for the warm welcome.