PDA

View Full Version : Periods Aaaagghhh!!

Purple Fish
27-10-09, 17:18
Hi There

Any ladies out there who`s symptoms are worse leading up to their period? Here`s a list of mine - lethargic, no motivation, depressed, tired, light headed. They sometimes change and some months are worse than others but once my period has started I`m back to my old bubbly self for a couple of weeks, until the next time! :mad:
Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that I want to eat everything too!! I`m trying to lose weight so it`s not helping!!
I have been on Norethisterone (mini-pill) but it made no difference and I gave it over a year to get into my system! I don`t need to use contraception so any ideas??

Tanya :huh: xx

bottleblond
27-10-09, 18:12
Hi Tanya

Yes i can relate to this too as i get most of the symptoms you mentioned. I am 100% worse the day before, i get SOOOOOO down that i could cry at the drop of a hat and that's just not me.

Nightmare isn't it lol

Lisa
xxx

janielee
27-10-09, 18:19
yea definatly i normally have a really bad panic attack and then my anxiety stays with me for the whole week its horrid!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i was on cerrazette but it was maling my panics worse so ive come of it

Maj
27-10-09, 18:41
I'm at the stage in my life where every month just takes so much out of me. It leaves me drained, and my face looks chalk white! and I'm no spring chicken!!
Yes, periods do take an awful lot out of some people and make you feel stressed and very tired:weep: I'm hoping to say goodbye to that problem soon!! Have you tried all the usual recommended things like evening primrose oil, vitamin b, etc? Some people swear by it.
Myra:flowers:

Purple Fish
27-10-09, 20:07
I have tried the evening primrose capsules, which I took for a couple of years but they had no effect and I take multivitamins every day so I`m not sure what to do next. I think if I mention it to my doctor he`ll just put me on more hormone pills.
:lac:
Tanya xx

burberrygirl72
27-10-09, 20:22
im to the same my panic attacks and anx are really bad few days befor and during i hate it my doc says its all to do with my hoarmoans yeh i gathered tht but wht can we all do about it i dread it and have tryed contraceptive pills to try and calm it but nothing works for me x

amandaj
28-10-09, 12:16
im the same my husband notices it before i do he says guess your comming on your a miserable cow,but i do get lightheaded headaches etc the joys of being a woman never ends does it

amandaxx

magpie girl
28-10-09, 13:55
hi im the same i get overheated and my anxiety seems to kick off.MY energy levels drop to zero and i find it hard to do anything,i get so lethargic.Ive also noticed when i ovulate it feels like a golf ball passing through my tube not a minute tiny egg

Purple Fish
28-10-09, 15:06
I had a dreadful night last night as I`ve finally come on properly now. I woke up at 2am, took some Ibuprofen, tried to get back to sleep but was having really painful stomach cramps on the right hand side (don`t know why as I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed four years ago!) so, I went downstairs until the tablets kicked in and finally went to bed at 4am!
Had to be up early this morning as we were suppose to be having new windows fitted and they didn`t turn up!! Aaaaggghhhh! They`re coming Friday now.
I feel groggy and tired today and not up to much. It is good to hear that I`m not the only one who`s effected by `monthlys`. I`m hoping I`ll be done by Saturday for a Halloween party!! :emot-partyblower:

Tanya xx

Purple Fish
04-11-09, 13:07
Hey, just thought I`d give you an update on this thread as I`ve just got back from seeing my doctor. I told him about how I seem to be following a pattern of anxiety, depression etc every month leading up to my period and he`s prescribed me water tablets (co-amilofruse).

I`ve never been on these before but he said to go back in a month to see how I`m doing. I only have to take one a day for 8 days leading up to my period to counteract the bloating and water retention, which he says can effect the brain, hence, the PMS!

I`ll let you know how I get on!

Tanya :flowers: x

sandramick
04-11-09, 16:53
im in the middle of mine an i feel like cr@@p !
light headed , tired , more anx than normal , headaches , spent most the morning crying !!!!!
the joys of being a woman :mad:
sandra

nikkinik
04-11-09, 17:32
Mine are terrible!

Last yr I had an ectopic pg and had a tube removed, ever since then my periods seem to get progressively worse. Ive asked re the tube and the effect I think its had, everyone says no.. so I dunno.

10 days before, sometimes earlier I get a bit dizzy, like a jolting dizziness, its hard to explain.
Nausea, thats a big one. Ive even been sick, hot and cold and just urgh in general twice recently. The nausea doesnt start subsiding until Ive finished!
Anxiety, I feel even more anxious all the time, for no reason, I just have that feeling like something awful is going to happen every day!
Lack of energy, right now I could fall asleep (Ive got no energy from about 2pm onwards!), but when Im due on Im terrible. The day before and the day I start I could easily stay in bed all day.
My appetite goes about a week before and doesnt come back until after Ive finished.
I cry, a lot.
I get irrational!

I get about 1 good week if Im lucky!

Im on for 5 days, then the symptoms dont fully go until a week later, then I might get an ok week, then things start going downhil for another week, then I start again..

I hate it!!

Purple Fish
04-11-09, 18:25
Yes I know just want you mean apart from I want to eat everything during mine! I also know what you mean about the dizzy `jolts`. I`ve been having those for about 3 years! They`re not as bad as they were but it is hard to explain as they come and go very quickly almost in a split second.
I sometimes get the feeling of swaying like I`m on a boat!

JOY!!!! :wacko:

pinkrose
04-11-09, 19:30
Hi Purple Fish

I have problems with my periods now (I've put that down to my age of 39). I'm always more anxious (noticed it can be as early as 2 weeks before I'm due). Also I wake up in a hot sweat most nights now, and in the last 2 years have had migraines and bloating around the time it's due. So I always dread the time of the month as it seems to take its toll on me. I do think hormones play a large part in anxiety and depression. At one time I took evening primrose 1000 mg and they seemed to help with the migraines. Anyway, hope the tablets you've been prescribed help you x

lynn1960
04-11-09, 19:43
i think i am starting the change with makes it all worse i have had test from doc who said i am not on change but i think thats why anxiety bad please can anyone give me advice

Purple Fish
04-11-09, 21:38
I did think I was on the change a couple of years ago but I know I`m not it`s just bad PMS which has got worse as I`ve got older (I`m now 36).
PMS can definately make your anxiety worse which then in turn gives you symptoms of anxiety, which make you anxious and so on.
Lynn, you need to perhaps get the opinion of another doctor who can give you something for your anxiety. I`ve been taking Prozac for nearly 3 years now and it`s helped no end.

Tanya x

cunny1980
04-11-09, 23:03
Hi sorry to go off the subject slightly but ive noticed that i seem to get my monthly stomach cramps earlier and earlier since I started having anxiety - I also have IBS has any one else had this Im worrying now that there is something wrong with me

Purple Fish
05-11-09, 14:25
Hi, just mention it to your doctor when you next go. It`s more than likely down to anxiety. If you check out the tag for anxiety on the left of the page you will see how many symptoms there are!

Take care

Tanya :flowers:x

Purple Fish
10-11-09, 09:01
I`m now feeling a wee bit stressed as we`re having a new kitchen put in this week and I have no sink, cooker etc! I`m holding my own though! I`ll keep chewing the gum, It seems to help!!

Tanya xx