PDA

View Full Version : Hi, im new

Kasha
27-10-09, 17:44
Hello. I was just on google searching for panic symptoms, and I stumbled across this forum. (Thank goodness)
I'm 17, and have been suffering from Anxiety, OCD and Panic attacks since I was 13. I have good months, but it always slips back.

I'm starting to feel quite depressed. I'm suffering with a tight chest at the moment. It came on thismorning, and im so scared because I dont know what it is, im just hoping its anxiety. It feels like a huge weight's pulling my chest down, and im fighting against it a little bit to breathe :(
Has anyone else ever had this before?
Katie x x x

diane07
27-10-09, 17:47
Hi Kasha

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

PanicOver!!
27-10-09, 17:56
Hi Katie

I have had tight chests with anxiety on and off for years so it probably is
but if you have never had this before dont be afraid to ask a Dr for advice
do not Google for advice though

Welcome

bottleblond
27-10-09, 18:04
Hi Katie

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

You could try some light stretches to loosen the muscles but please try not to panic as it will go.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care
Lisa
x

Maj
27-10-09, 18:37
Hi,

Anxiety does cause symptoms of a tight chest and you feel as though you can't breath, but you will always get enough oxygen so don't worry about that. Your doctor can reassure you about this. You'll get lots of support and advice from people on here who have felt or are feeling like you do.
Take care
Myra:flowers: