PDA

View Full Version : suffering terrible anxiety

icychick
27-10-09, 18:36
I am 34 and live with my 18 yr old son for many years i have had agrophobia and panic attacks. Over the past 2 yrs my friend has been living with me and she has been helping me out by shopping etc and doing daily chores for me. over past 7 mths i have been able to go out with her places and started doing stuff . but last week she got up and just said was going out and left no reason or explaintion ,this has left me with terrible butterflies in tummy, thne i just pace up and down the garden and i got to sleep and wake up early hours all on edge and feels scared.i have spoken to my gp about it and got some tabs to help me sleep but its throughout the day too and i do not know why i am feeling this way, i keep tryin to say to myself she was only a friend but clearly iam over anxious and i dunno what to do, i haveno family or really any other friends to turn too and havent seen anyone.i am at aloss and now dread xmas and all other appointments etc that i have and how i will gt shopping or should i fall ill who,d have my son its awful advise appreciated please.

Maj
27-10-09, 18:42
What a rotten thing for your friend to have done, walking out with no explanation. No wonder you're feeling bewildered and stressed. You say you have no-one but please keep in touch with NMP and you'll always have someone there for you. We've all been through anxiety symptoms and know how you are feeling.
Take care
Myra:hugs:

PanicOver!!
27-10-09, 18:48
Hi

So sorry to hear about your situation
I think you have started to do the right thing by posting on here... there are loads of great people to give you help and support so you are never alone
Im sure it will just take a while to adust to your new circumstances
please try not to think about Xmas already but just take one step at a time it will be easier to handle that way

beat wishes xx

icychick
27-10-09, 19:41
thank you for your replies so far. it is all very daunting and of course i do not know why she disappeared she was classed a smy carer and refuses contact, but i am wondering why i am panicking so much and dont know how to cope with every day things,I guess because I havent had to do it for long time

i will remain a NMP member

gypsywomen
27-10-09, 19:45
maybe yur friend thought you could cope ,,but even so it wasnt nice what she did ,,if you managed do do things with her there then you can do it ,it wasnt your pal it was you .just youin your mind you learnt to go on so carry on you will be fine :bighug1:

icychick
28-10-09, 07:46
Hi gypsywoman, thanks for reply, she knew i wouldnt cope if was alone but she obviously went for her own reason - we had no row or anything .I have not been on a bus for 5 yrs as my frined had a car and ilive on the bus route but i know i am going to need to try and get on it. but i have no where to go is the problem and when went shopping my friend used to go and pay for it as i cant stand at tills etc. i am just anervous wreck all the time waking at 5am every day 4 no reason