PDA

View Full Version : Always Worried About School

panickychick
06-11-05, 15:30
Nearly everyday I go to school, I'm worried about something like a test or a teacher that I don't like. Sometimes I get so worried I try and pretend that I'm ill to stay off school. I've decided not to do this anymore now but it's so hard not to sometimes. Sometimes I get panic attacks on the day as well. I'd like some advice for this. Thank you.

Sophie

Proper Bo!

Rose
06-11-05, 16:12
Hi Sophie,

I am sorry that school worries you so much...I do remember how it feels as i used to feel like that for school every day...every day i was a mess and din't really want to go...the thought of it scared me and got me into such a panic. I wish I had some good advice for you....in the end I left school but not to my actual choosing as I got ill and i still am....

I really wish i could help you more but hopefully someone else can. i really hope it gets easier for you...as its not nice to have to go through all this anxiety every day *hugs*

Rose

<center>"People Make Mistakes, thats why cars have bumpers and pencils have rubbers!"</center>

clickaway
06-11-05, 16:35
Hi,

Whilst I managed to take my school exams OK, I had problems in taking my HNC exams at college when I was about 19.

At that time, I was suffering from epilepsy and those attacks were brought on by pressure and stress.

So I could not take the exams, but tried again and a similar thing happened, although not so bad and at least got to the exam room by around 10.15 (rather than 9.30).

My Mum told me that I had to try and accept "what will be, will be" and so I gradually dispelled any thoughts of having to succeed in getting the exams. I started to think like that and after a year out from studying I cracked it!

So I would say her advice was sound. Don't worry about expectations - don't worry about what your classmates may achieve.

You are you and be proud of that.

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

3faces
06-11-05, 17:21
Hi Sophie:D

My advice to you would be to try really hard not to stay off school because of your feelings. The more you stay away, the more the barrier goes up and it gets harder to break it down.
I had the same problems at school and I know I made things worse for myself by staying away. Keep facing every day and move forward. You've really achieved something everytime you make it in and get through a day. Have you tried breathing exercises to help with the panicky feelings? You can do them without anyone noticing and it really helps to calm yourself down.
Take care and if you ever want to chat, PM me:D

Jem xxx