PDA

View Full Version : Coping away from home.

Jaymondo
27-10-09, 21:06
Hi all,

Just to share what happened to me today, and wondering if anyone else experiences similar symptoms.

I popped out today to see a friend at their house. From the outset though I could think of nothing expect that I may have a panic attack, as I went out my door to get in the car I started to feel a little dizzy. Whilst sitting in traffic I felt like that everyone was looking at me, I actually felt pretty nervous.

As I sat around my friends house the symptoms didn't ease up, feelings of dizziness, strange breathing (focusing on it to much and feeling it wasn't how I should be breathing). This I think caused me to hyperventilate more.

Anyway, on way back home in car again, I started to shake, and get a headache. Just the thought of being outside, was so scary.

Once back home, I felt really tired, and even had a little cry, as it seemed thats all I wanted to do. Wish I had taken my rescue remedy today, as it worked on other occassions. It was pretty freaky today, not sure how I did manage, somehow I just did.

So anyway, just thought I'd leave this open for discussion, how do you cope when you're not in your own home where you can lay-down, or just curl up in bed etc.

Thanks for listening :)
Jason

diane07
27-10-09, 21:36
Hi Jason,

There have been times in my life when i have gone through the very same, i am agoraphobic so being away from my safe place (home) was unbearable.

However, i love my job and i have to drive, so i invited the panic to come do its worst, because i certainly wasn't going to let it win over my job, and nothing bad has ever happened, the feelings of panic and anxiety are not nice but thats all it is, just feelings.

I do find the more i am out and about and the more often i go out, help me massively.

Hope this helps

di xx