PDA

View Full Version : people dying

Alisonj
27-10-09, 22:31
The schools here are full of swine flu, the last count at one school was 160. They are shutting down two high schools for a bit. A 13 yr old healthy boy just died from H1N1. He died within 48 hours of feeling ill. I wasnt really scared but I am started to worry big time. My husband is not feeling well at all, with my daughter in school I worry about her bringing it home and I have two little ones that I cant imagine getting sick.
I dont know how to get through this.

Frenchmaid
28-10-09, 14:26
The schools here are full of swine flu, the last count at one school was 160. They are shutting down two high schools for a bit. A 13 yr old healthy boy just died from H1N1. He died within 48 hours of feeling ill. I wasnt really scared but I am started to worry big time. My husband is not feeling well at all, with my daughter in school I worry about her bringing it home and I have two little ones that I cant imagine getting sick.
I dont know how to get through this.

Wow... Hi Alison, where do you live? I am in Winnipeg Manitoba (Canada) here its just started in Canada 3 people died so far and yes they are younger in their pre-teen screarry! It your kids school is affected? I know that a lots of people are nervous right now including me ..its suck feeling like that i can't wait to be all over...!

Are you getting vaccinated!

irishguy
28-10-09, 16:43
here in Ireland two 14year old girls died from the same school within a two days. The two were disabled . Poor kids. but it is worrying. Ive two kids at school and I'm worried .

claire m
28-10-09, 19:19
can i just say that there is a really good blog on the bbc news website in the health section called 'fergus on flu' it puts everything into perspective and its quite reassuring to read. there is also a section for comments at the top of the page which i really would reccommend reading as they are so helpful.

Alisonj
28-10-09, 20:33
I am in Ontario. We had to take my son to the paed for a regular appt today and they had the clinic going on, it was scary as everyone was coughing and hacking. I asked the nurse if I could have a mask for my son since he is healthy and thankfully they put us right in a room so we wouldnt have to sit in the waiting room with all the sick people. They are going to be closing 2 high schools here for a week or so as the numbers absent are up in the 160's now. I am hoping they will close my daughters for a few weeks too, all the teachers are sick and only about half the kids are there. I just had surgery so I am worried about getting anything. I am not sure if it lowers my immune system or not. But even coughing right now would be soooo painful on my incision.

Frenchmaid
03-11-09, 14:15
I am in Ontario. We had to take my son to the paed for a regular appt today and they had the clinic going on, it was scary as everyone was coughing and hacking. I asked the nurse if I could have a mask for my son since he is healthy and thankfully they put us right in a room so we wouldnt have to sit in the waiting room with all the sick people. They are going to be closing 2 high schools here for a week or so as the numbers absent are up in the 160's now. I am hoping they will close my daughters for a few weeks too, all the teachers are sick and only about half the kids are there. I just had surgery so I am worried about getting anything. I am not sure if it lowers my immune system or not. But even coughing right now would be soooo painful on my incision.

Hi Alison! I am in Winnipeg... right now we do not have too much case i wonder why well i think there is 7 case under ventilator and they suspect that 3 of them are from h1n1 but they do not know for sure with the rest...
I think that maybe a lots of people here are immune since in the spring we were the place in Canada who got hit the worst we had like 37 case in the hospital under ventilator it was sad and very screarry!

About your immune system.. and your operation... i don't think it would really lower it but it surely will have some impact on it a bit.. because your body need to rest to be able to hill itself.. so make sure you get a lots of rest ... maybe if you don't take vitamine already i would suggest you to start taking Vit D3 like 2000iu you can take it as much as 4000iu this is very good for your immune system also you can add some vitamine C and probiotic... BUT the most important is not to stress because stress hit your immune system very hard...

Are you planing to get vaccinated...here in Winnipeg we will be probably able to get it only in December since me (41), my son (17) my daughter (23) my husband (41) are not in a priority list and i assume the flu will be way out of hand then.. its pretty sad that the governement did not take more precautions over this.. but i guess that live..:ohmy:

Alisonj
04-11-09, 18:40
When I took my kids to get their shots they gave me one as well so I have had it. It takes 10 days to take effect and its been almost a week so I am almost protected!! However my youngest 2 yr old had swine on the weekend, but she is doing well now. My 3 yr old is now sick, not sure if its swine or not though.