PDA

View Full Version : Depressed and anxious

MicheleVS
28-10-09, 00:30
Hi, This is the first time I've ever posted anything but I need some help. I have both anxiety and depression. I was on Cymbalta (120 mgs.) but felt flat. My psychiatrist switched me to Pristiq which worked ok but then all I had a major setback. My thyroid, which has been underactive for years, suddenly when way overactive. My anxiety returned. It took 16 weeks to straighten it out. By that time I was totally depressed and anxious again. I've been switched to Prozac.
I'm taking 40 mgs. a day but things are bad. I can't sleep, I'm very anxious and depressed. I also get "the sweats" 10+ times a day. Will this end?
Thanks you, Michele

nomorepanic
28-10-09, 00:33
Hi MicheleVS

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
28-10-09, 09:38
:welcome:Michele. Glad thaat you have found us. Thyroid problems produce very similar feelings to those of anxiety so no wonder you feel the way you do. This will get better as your nerves recover. Hang in there.

Veronica

MicheleVS
30-10-09, 03:02
Hi, Thanks for reminding me about how anxious an overactive thyroid can make you. Is anyone also having trouble with depression too?

tnt808
30-10-09, 03:39
Hi Michele,

Welcome to the site......

I have bad anxiety GAD and Health Anxiety now...I hope that if you sort out your Thyroid it can maybe give you some relief.

pixy
27-11-09, 17:38
Hi, Thanks for reminding me about how anxious an overactive thyroid can make you. Is anyone also having trouble with depression too?

hi michele welcome to this site i have just joined myself i have suffered from depression and anxiety for the last four years i have been on so many meds and none seem to work my last attempt is going to be ECT which i am so afraid of but i just dont know what to do you take care and hope you make lots of new friends with the same problem so you can share notes

bye for now pixy:welcome:

lynn1960
27-11-09, 19:34
i am been on meds fcor a couple of weeks now i suffer with gad and dpression i also go through stages of not been able to sleep i alson have bad ays where i cant eat or sleep and have the sweaTS not sure if sweats because of change of life or eles

looking4answers
27-11-09, 20:27
Hi just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site.. I think you will be fine.My wife had the same issue over 20 years ago..Prozac has worked wonders for her.We are all here for you..Michael :hugs: