PDA

View Full Version : Panick attacks and high blood pressure

geraldine
28-10-09, 11:55
Hello i have had panick attacks for 5 yrs i also have high blood pressure i have read panick attacks can not kill you but high blood pressure can if it keeps going high like 80,s-200 which mine has whilst having a pa.
This frightens me i am on meds for bp but the attacks seem to over ride the meds which keep it undercontrol, has anyone else this problem.
Sometimes i feel unwell with high blood pressure is this normal.
Thank you hugs to all:hugs:

gypsywomen
28-10-09, 12:20
its me maggie i was nurse 15 years,i can say you dont feel ill with blood presure ,,if you suffer with it normaly then it will go high when you panic but will come down again dont worry

karen s
28-10-09, 12:58
Hi i was diagnosed with hb last wednesday and and was given bendroflumethiazide for it was also given citalopram for my anxiety and pa's but since taking them my heart has been racing for 5days so i rang my doc yesterday and he advised me to stop taking citalopram as it was interfering with my bp tabs and i was having side affects from them i was then worried that it might be my bp tabs that was doing it and he assured me it was'nt as hbp don't make you feel ill and tablets don't make your heart race i stoped taking citalopram today and feel alot better and my heart has calmed down he did say it will take a couple of days to get back to normal. Yes when i get a pa's my heart races like mad but when its over it calms down so its normal :)

gypsywomen
28-10-09, 13:09
yes it is normal do you feel more relaxed NOW ,blood pressure tablets are fine but like your Doctor says they can interfere with other meds always check with chemist before you take any other meds xxxx

karen s
28-10-09, 13:30
I feel so much better today thankyou gypsywomen i'm not shaking heart is alot better just racing alittle bit but should be ok by tomorrow thank god managed to have some soup today after not eating for 4days doc wants me to go back next week see what other tablets he can put me on but i don't know now after that, i have read alot of people have said to get over your fears you first need to face them well mine is going to town as that is when i first had a panic attack 10yrs ago and nobody helped me i had to crawl into a shop where they called an amblance i have'nt been to town since my partner does everything for me bless him hes so good:).

gypsywomen
28-10-09, 13:46
don't rush things when you feel up to it go with your husband then if you feel you cant cope he will be there ..must have been awful nobody helping that life now .good job we are all not like that ,sounds like you have a great husband ,,you mus eat with bp tablets even soup like you have ,,i find cuppa soup if cant eat and bananas what a diet lol need to to lolxxxxxxxx