PDA

View Full Version : worried mum !

midge
28-10-09, 17:07
My daughter who is seventeen has been suffering from head aches , i put this down 2 exam stress in the ealy part of the summer , the head aches subsided and she was complaining of dizzyness after countless visits 2 the gp she has had nurelogie test done iner ear balance done still feeling dizzy at times worse than overs she also complains of an heavy head , the gp perscribed stimitil that made her feel worsr she said had eye test eyes ok now she has to go for a scan not sure if she realy needs this but i need sum advice .:unsure:

Veronica H
28-10-09, 19:37
:welcome:Midge
This must be worrying for you . As the tests rule out more serious causes then it is worth looking at the info on anxiety down the left side of this page which may give some more clues.

Best wishes
Veronica

bottleblond
28-10-09, 20:33
Hi Midge

I think there is a heck of alot of stress on these kids before, during and after their exams. Also IF it is anxiety related, she has already experienced these symptoms which can make us anxious about them re-occuring. It's like the anxiety is feeding off the symptoms and vice versa.

I think you are right in having her checked to rule everything else out to be on the safe side but it does sound stress related to me.

Best of luck and i hope your daughter feels alot better soon.

Lisa
xx

:hugs: