PDA

View Full Version : hi ive just joined

mr whippy
28-10-09, 17:09
hi everyone my names steve im 51 and have been having panic attacks for some time my doctor has put me on 20mg fluoexetine i have been taking them for 8 days and ive sometimes felt worse im told i will start to feel better after a couple of weeks. Night times seems to be the worst any advise would be appreciated thanks:D

nomorepanic
28-10-09, 17:10
Hi mr whippy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Maj
28-10-09, 18:47
Hi,

Lots of people seem to feel that the meds make you feel worse before they start making you feel better so I suppose you just have to persevere!! I started fluoxetine but stopped because of how they made me feel. I previously tried sertraline which worked for me. It's all a matter of trial and error! We're all different. You will gets lot of help and support from people on this site who feel the same as you do. You can look at the posts from people who have taken fluoxetine and see what their experiences were like.
Good luck with the meds:yesyes:
Myra:)

Veronica H
28-10-09, 19:15
:welcome:Steve. Glad that you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a fellow sufferer who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica