PDA

View Full Version : New Matress topper funny smell?????

Girl_Interrupted
28-10-09, 21:15
I know this doesn't really fall into the health anxiety forum, but anything can trigger of my health anxiety and at the moment its this new bed topper. Its memory foam and has this awful odour. I am told that the smell is normal and will go in a few days, however me being me and suffering from HA worry that its bad and the smell is letting off some toxic gas!! crazy yes :S

Has anyone else had a memory foam matress topper/pillows that has the same problem.

Sorry for the weird post, just worried thats all.

abi
29-10-09, 09:09
Hello, yes! I had the same problem when I got my memory foam topper a few months ago....the smell soon goes! No worries! x:)

Humly
29-10-09, 10:20
Hi. We got a new ordinary mattress a few years ago and it stunk for weeks but finally went away. Think its something to do with the stuff they are made of and the smell of the factory. Nothing to worry about.

MissBoo
29-10-09, 13:39
Mine was the same. Douse it with some Febreze.

Girl_Interrupted
31-10-09, 22:57
Hi, thanks, i'm just concerned of the off gassing! i have read many things saying its toxic and gives you cancer! i mean they sell these to the public so they can't be that bad, can they?

nomorepanic
31-10-09, 23:03
why dont u wash it first?

Girl_Interrupted
01-11-09, 00:08
I don't think you can wash it, plus its a double matress topper its too big to fit in the machine. At the moment its sat in the bath!

Tournesol
01-11-09, 08:35
I think I just left mine in a room with a window open for a few days until the smell largely went away. I've been using it for about 4 years now and it is one of the best things I ever bought.