PDA

View Full Version : HELP. Ectopics

peter34uk
29-10-09, 00:24
Ive been suffering with ectopics every few beats for the last couple hours. its scaring the hell out of me.

Nothing I do can stop it. Has anyone any knowledge of this. Am i panicking for no reason?

Why is this happening. Im scared stiff. :weep:

teez
29-10-09, 00:30
oh yes ,,ive been where you are many a time,,and yes i still get scared,,my hubby says i should be used to it after 20 years of them off and on,,but try as i might they still frighten me,,but i do know the more i worry about them the more i get,,i have even noticed myself holding my breath ,,which just makes it worse,,try to calm down,,do something,,i know its easy for me to say,,but stress is the worse thing for calming them down,,:hugs:

peter34uk
29-10-09, 00:39
is there anything wrong though. imafraid to go to sleep for fear i might not wake up. its still happening.

ALEX WIDDOWSON
29-10-09, 07:53
Ive been suffering with ectopics every few beats for the last couple hours. its scaring the hell out of me.

Nothing I do can stop it. Has anyone any knowledge of this. Am i panicking for no reason?

Why is this happening. Im scared stiff. :weep:

My partner gets these all the time and unfortunately the more you panic the worse they get.

The steps that we've taken to try and manage the problem is first go to the doctors who should refer you the hospital and cardiology department.

We have had scans, chest xrays, cardiograms you name it! My partner has been put on tablets to help but still suffers these ectopic beats. He has now cut out alcohol, caffeine, nicotine (all the things he enjoyed lol) and STILL has ectopic beats.

He is now on a waiting list to see if he is eligable to have an operation to finally put a stop to them. But still, it is a long proceedure and more often then not people have to put up with. It is no way to live and has had a major inpact on my partners quality of life where we spend most of our time in the a and e department in the resuss section after he has had major bouts of ectopics and is really struggling to breathe. And as you said they are majorly scarey. Ectopics can't kill you which is the best advice to keep in mind when you get them as we have been told time and time again its just one of those things where many people have them and some people just get them worse than others.