PDA

View Full Version : constant coughing after the flu.. scared

so jems like
29-10-09, 06:43
So I recovered from a bad cold/flu. But I still have this cough. I've had this cough for about 2 1/2 weeks & it produced phlegm and whenever I lay down to sleep, I cough more and it's not like I'm short on breath or it's hard for me to catch a breath, but I just feel discomfort when I'm breathing. I don't know if this is normal and I'm just slowly recovering, but I'm just scared that I have some sort of disease/illness. It doesn't hurt to breathe in or anything, just feel like I can't breathe in too deep without coughing.

ANyone else feel like this after recovering from the flu? I just want this cough to go away.. Oh & I didn't go to the doctors once. I managed on ibuprofen during the flu, and just drank fluids and got rest. As for the cough, I'm just taking cough drops, and vitamin C, and fluids.. I would really like to avoid going to the doctors.

diane07
29-10-09, 07:23
If its any consolation, i also still have an irritating cough after having a bad cold a few weeks ago, sometimes it takes a while for these things to settle down.

Why not give it another few days, and if it doesn't settle then go to the docs just so he can put your mind at ease, it could have run into a chest infection or could be just taking a while to settle.

best wishes

di xx

mandyclare
29-10-09, 07:30
Yes, coughs always last for ages after the cold/flu subsides... It's probably just trying to clear the phlem that the cold left on your broncial tubes... that's nothing to worry about just your body's way of clearing out the gunk. Hope you feel better very soon. Nothing worse than a cough keeping you awake when your tired is there?

Mand x