PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy & scared to go to the doc

Janvi
29-10-09, 06:54
Hello,

i want to conceive and ive taken an appointment with a gynea tomorrow in order to know whether i can conceive with my anxiety and all the symptoms like palpitation, breathlessness etc. My problem is that i get palpitation when the doc takes my blood pressure and the nurse said to me that she will take my blood pressure before the
appointment and thats making my anxiety really high. Ive started getting palpitation now. How will i be able to handle this tomorrow. My friend and my husband will come with me. Is there anybody with the same problem.
im afraid in case the doc found something abnormal with the blood pressure readings and other tests.

Please help me.

lindzanne
29-10-09, 08:38
Its really great you are bringing some support along. I have the same problem with doc appts. I try to breathe in and out really deeply to hopefully regulate my blood pressure and pulse. I always explain really carefully about my health anxiety and that it changes my blood pressure. They are usually really understanding about it, and know that usually you're ok otherwise. If you take any anti anxiety meds i always take one about an hour before the appt.
Sometimes no matter how you try it is hard to get that blood pressure and pulse down. Just be up front with the nurse and doc and it will be ok!