PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wish you could just feel healthy for one day!?

nikkinik
29-10-09, 13:18
Im hoping Im not on my own..

I just wished I felt healthy!!

I was sick not too long ago, and with emetophobia I freaked out.. the nausea lasted for a week, then came chronic stomach pains which resulted in me having to go to hospital. I spent 3 days there (While they did v little) nil by mouth, my anxiety going through the roof etc, crying everyday my fiance left because of my agoraphobia..

..That time I lost 5lbs.

Then I got sick again about 11 days ago, same time again: 1 day before Im due on. Im convinced its hormone related, my DF thinks its a coincidence and that we caught a bug.
Eversince, Ive felt nauseous, my sense of smell is off (Anything makes me feel bleugh)..

..This time Ive lost 3 lbs and counting. I cant afford to lose anymore.

Ive had a sore throat now for about a month, Im aching on and off, my appetite is nil and Im scared what ever I do eat will tip me over from feeling sicvk to actually being sick.
I just constantly feel, and Im talking every single day, like Im coming down with something, I just dont feel right.

Tests Ive had: x ray, ultrasound on my tummy as well as my bowel, an upper endoscopy, blood tests etc.. all come back negative. I feel like pushing for a ct scan and other tests until I get to the bottom of this, but on the other hand I wonder how far I will go with all these tests etc.
The doctor just looks at me funny everytime I see him, and Ive seen several now.. they always say 'Hmmm, well youve had a lot of tests' like Im a hypochondriac or something.

Am I alone in this?

The ill health just makes me want to stay in, but Im resting virtually all the time in the hope I will feel better (I literally drop my son off then go back to bed), so the second I do anything now I feel worse, I cant win :weep:

sarah jayne
29-10-09, 15:58
Your not alone. Ive been ill since july. It just seems to be one thing after another and i cant get to the bottom of it ! Its started with food poisoning which turned into colitis ( i was in hospital for a week ) I couldnt eat for nearly a month so lost lots of weight, then i started with a headache which ive had every day for 3 months, ive also had a tummy bug, a cold and ive got a sore throat. Its never ending ! Ive had blood tests, stool tests etc but nothing shows up I dread going to the doctor because i feel they dont believe what im going through. I'd do anything to feel healthy again. Your not on your own !
Sarah xx

Gazman
29-10-09, 16:07
Deffo not alone! been ill since july, when i had my first panic attack "apparently" , i couldn't eat hardly anything, at the time i was 15 stone 4 lbs, doctors said it was a viral infection and to date i've lost 2 stone and i'm now 13 stone 3 / 4 lbs.

I've had 9 blood tests, 3 ECGs, 3 trips to A&E, Upper Endoscopy, Ct scan with dye injected to look at my chest, abdomen and pelvic area, all came back clear.

I've put 2lbs on lol and thats it even tho i'm eating well now, but things do get better i promise!

xBettyBoopx
29-10-09, 16:51
Im hoping Im not on my own..

I just wished I felt healthy!!

I was sick not too long ago, and with emetophobia I freaked out.. the nausea lasted for a week, then came chronic stomach pains which resulted in me having to go to hospital. I spent 3 days there (While they did v little) nil by mouth, my anxiety going through the roof etc, crying everyday my fiance left because of my agoraphobia..

..That time I lost 5lbs.

Then I got sick again about 11 days ago, same time again: 1 day before Im due on. Im convinced its hormone related, my DF thinks its a coincidence and that we caught a bug.
Eversince, Ive felt nauseous, my sense of smell is off (Anything makes me feel bleugh)..

..This time Ive lost 3 lbs and counting. I cant afford to lose anymore.

Ive had a sore throat now for about a month, Im aching on and off, my appetite is nil and Im scared what ever I do eat will tip me over from feeling sicvk to actually being sick.
I just constantly feel, and Im talking every single day, like Im coming down with something, I just dont feel right.

Tests Ive had: x ray, ultrasound on my tummy as well as my bowel, an upper endoscopy, blood tests etc.. all come back negative. I feel like pushing for a ct scan and other tests until I get to the bottom of this, but on the other hand I wonder how far I will go with all these tests etc.
The doctor just looks at me funny everytime I see him, and Ive seen several now.. they always say 'Hmmm, well youve had a lot of tests' like Im a hypochondriac or something.

Am I alone in this?

The ill health just makes me want to stay in, but Im resting virtually all the time in the hope I will feel better (I literally drop my son off then go back to bed), so the second I do anything now I feel worse, I cant win :weep:

I'm justing answering your thread title. No, I don't wish I could 'just' feel healthy for one day, I wish I can and will feel healthy for the rest of my life.:):hugs::hugs:

nikkinik
29-10-09, 18:18
Elspeth I wish I could feel healthy everyday, and the rest of my life too.. But as I feel ill every single day, Id take just one day of normality if I could! lol