PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms make me feel so negative

junie7
29-10-09, 15:03
At work at the moment and feeling very strange. I have the symptoms I had when I had my first big panic attack 7 weeks ago. My left arm and my left leg are really achy and my chest feels not tight but like it's really humid and I feel very tired.
Not sure what to do, I could'nt face another big panic attack again.
I felt great yesterday and this morning and felt really positive that I was fighting this. Now I feel back to square 1.

MOJO
29-10-09, 15:27
Hi! Try and calm down a bit, do some deep breathing exercises through your nose, making the out breath a bit longer than the in breath (sorry, you probably know how to do it anyway, but just in case..)this should calm your symtoms down.
Fighting it is NOT the way to go, it makes things worse. You must try to go with it and let it wash over you. The feelings should then lessen. (I know this but have to admit it is easier said than done!!)
Hope you feel better soon.
Judy.

gypsywomen
29-10-09, 15:40
its just a blip relax you know in your own mind its anxiety trying to take over ride it love

junie7
29-10-09, 16:13
Thanks guys, feeling a little better now. I've got these little sensations in my left arm and leg which is probably adrenalin. Although I'm thinking at my most negative that it something cardiovascular.

I can handle the little bouts of anxiety but whenever I feel like it's going to get out of control that's when I start to worry that it's not anxiety or panic and something more sinister and life threatening.

Still not been properly diagnosed it's a long process what with waiting for test results. Blood tests all okay, waiting for the 24 hour ECG results although the regular ECG's have been okay.

Thank goodness for this site.