PDA

View Full Version : anyone else?

Mozma
29-10-09, 16:29
Recently I have been suffering headaches, almost like pressury/siniusery headaches. I have also started having tingly sensations all over me and a stiff neck and shoulders. I have got myself booked into the doctors for monday, but having a look on the internet it keeps coming up with the symptoms of anxiety. My biggest fear in life is having something wrong with me such as a tumour. In a way I have a reason for this as my mum had one 5 years ago and it still scares me big time. Has anyone else had feelings like this before? I feel quite stupid as I tell my mum and she says im over reacting and its nothing. In a way, I feel quite alone.

LisaLisa
29-10-09, 17:03
Hi there

I think that it sounds just lke anxiety as well. I get those things too and I think lots of people on here do as well.

That must have been difficult for you when your mum was ill, i hope thats all in the past for both of you now.

The thing to remember is that worrying that you have a specific illness doe not predispose you to having it and also , 'feeling' like you have a serious illness is not one of the symptoms of any ilness other than anxiety!! I know that all sounds blo*dy obvious but I found it helpfull to remember this when im super anxious!

Lisa
xxxx

Mozma
29-10-09, 17:06
It is both in the past for us, yes :) Mum is doing great now and everything. Its horrible cause I get teh headache most days, I have it right now in fact. In a way I am going to the doctors so they can reassure me about it and everything.

LisaLisa
29-10-09, 17:08
Thats a good idea, the dr is the best place to start and get reasurance that everything is okay, which it is! But its even better when the dr tells you that!

Lisa
xxx

Mozma
29-10-09, 17:12
I know this might sound a lil stupid but if it is anxiety will the doctores give me anything to help with the headaches?

Mozma
05-11-09, 14:09
I went to the doctors and he said that its migraines. I suffer with migraines and they are nothing like these. Im getting worried again :(