PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

Optimist
29-10-09, 17:13
Hello,

I found this website a few weeks ago when I was first diagnosed with "anxiety". I am a 44 year old, full-time mum with two young children, and sleep deprivation has worn me down! I started experiencing physical symptoms in July and the doctors could find nothing wrong, other than exhaustion and a general feeling of anxiety about my health. (Long story that I won't go into here.)

I am now on Citalopram (5 weeks) and am having better days, but still feel I have a long way to go. I joined today to get some support and offer support to others in the same boat.

Looking forward to chatting to you.

Optimist

diane07
29-10-09, 17:14
Hi Optimist

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Angelicnorth
29-10-09, 17:29
Hi Optimist

Welcome to the site, my name is Helen, I have been a member for a few weeks. I am also taking Citalopram 20mg once a day, have been on them for just over four weeks.

Let me know how you are getting own.

Best Wishes
Helen x

Thorny
30-10-09, 14:54
:welcome:

Its great you have found the site, its certainly helping me, and i'm sure you'll find it helpful too.

Great user-name by the way! Nice and positive !

Take Care

Matt

Laura_2301
30-10-09, 14:57
Hiya All,

Im new to this site, but have had agoraphobia for a long time now.

I was reading the posts about medication - I have not took any medication for almost 10 years!!! Not even an asprin or contraception pill, I also have trouble touching medication. It freaks me out, If I have to touch any kind of medicine bottles or pills I put rubber gloves on & scrub my hands afterwards.

I cant get out to see the Doctor about my agoraphobia b/c I cant leave the friggin house without breaking into a sweat, pounding heart, getting dizzy (I dont need to explain what going out feels like, I think we all know)

What kind of medication are the rest of you taking.....side effects etc etc, I even get panicky about maybe having to bite the bullet & see the Doctor about taking some pills.

I want to beat this awful condition that I would never wish on my worst enemy....I used to be extremely confident, but now I turn into a quivering wreck when someone mentions going outside.

Laura

mandyclare
30-10-09, 15:10
Hi.. what a fantastic user name first of all.

Im glad you found this wonderful site.

Mand : )

Optimist
24-11-09, 14:44
Hi There,

I signed up a few weeks ago and then lost courage to post. Anyway, I'm back and just wanted to say that after 9 weeks of Citalopram I a starting to feel more like my old self. I know that there is lots of debate about the benefits or not of medication, but based on my own experience, I am a supporter. I am definitely feeling better than I have been in months. Not completely "cured" of my panic attacks and anxiety, but happier and more relaxed than for a long time.

So for those of you just embarking on medication, I would say, stick at it thro the initial horrible side effects - it is worth it. (I am on 30mg daily).

Optimist x