PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from a new member

kellie anne
07-11-05, 00:28
I have just discovered your site and would like to say how much better it has made me feel already. Especially the write ups my the moderator on the anxiety/panic conditions.
I have just started taking Celepram (first one last night) for anxiety and depression and all I've ever read about them has been negative so was scared about starting but have found some positives on your forum.
It was good to read from people who suffer the 'what if's' and unless you have them you can't know the stress and anxiety they cause. People think you should just be able to shut off and stop thinking about the problem.
Mine is being caused at the moment by an adult child who has a drug problem. Had a real problem earlier in the year with deep depression and the works. Came out of that with a lot of listening on my part but has now taken up the habit again and I am having trouble dealing with this because I don't know if I can go thru that again. The problem is real enough but it is the 'what if's (she gets so low she does something stupid and I can't help her).
I've always worried about anything and everything so to have a child who seems to want to self destruct on a regular basis is taking it's toll.
Hopefully the celapram won't take too long to kick in and I will be able to think straight again and stop the shaking which keeps taking hold.
Again I think this is a terrific forum and I could go on forever but I won't.
Take care all .............

mazz
07-11-05, 03:54
welcome kellie iam sorry your having such a hard time but iam sure you will find this site a great help luv mazzx

trac67
07-11-05, 08:24
Hi Kellie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice, and make some good friends here.

Remember to stay positive this really helps, and give the meds a few weeks and you will start to feel stronger.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Piglet
07-11-05, 09:59
Hi there,

A big welcome to the site.

As the mother of three teenagers I know full well how worrying these years can be.

You can't do more than your best so make sure you are getting plenty of support that maybe available, from any source (don't try and do it alone). I don't have any experience of this directly but this is what I would do.

Feel free to vent on here at anytime.

Love Piglet

wobily_lin
07-11-05, 13:53
hi kellie

welcome to the site. sorry youre havein a bad time at the moment. talking to people helps. a lot of gr8 advice on here. stay positive.it hard but just take it one day at a time

lin x

seh1980
07-11-05, 14:05
Glad that you are finding it helpful :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

3faces
07-11-05, 16:48
Hi there:D

Welcome to this forum Kellie.

Sorry to hear about how you're feeling and being the mum of two teenagers, I can sympathise. You spend an awful lot of time feeling helpless...

Remember to look after yourself so you can keep strong. At the end of the day you can only do so much and sometimes, however selfish it may seem, you do have to put yourself first.

Take care and if ever you want a chat, PM me anytime[OK]

Jem xxx

nomorepanic
07-11-05, 20:19
Hi kellie

A warm welcome aboard and I am so pleased that the site/forum is already helping you.

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask.

Nicola

kellie anne
08-11-05, 04:36
Thank you for all your warm messages. It's a big help to know there are people who do understand. Your responses alone are a big boost. Thank you