PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is back with an itch

Tink
30-10-09, 00:09
Hello everyone

I have not been on her for quite a while.I have been doing quite well recently until the wkend when I had worst panic attack I have had. LAsted for over an hour, the numbness and hyperventilating eased off then when come back on, was awful.

Anyway since then I have been itching all over my body (which sends me into panic as think related to my few moles) , basically just wondering if anyone else gets this? Sometimes feels like things are crawling on me. Tonight I have googled itching and have now self diagnosed myself with many different diseases. Not googled for so long and now I am starting to feel anxious all over again when I have been doing so well. also been feeling breathless which is symptom had before along with flutterings in my chest (HATE THIS)

Hope everyone is ok and look forward to hearing from u
:)

Nicola_lou
30-10-09, 00:54
Same here hun, haven't been on here in months, and I've let stress get me into the panic state again. I knew I was getting 2 stressed cause last week the chest pain started again, I forgot how bad the chest pain was. Like with ut itching we all go bk to the bodily symtoms. Don't understand how we relate stress in body problems never could get my head around how the pain was famtom.
Anyway sorry for the rant, the itching anxiety yes. Had it. But thanks cause I've calmed myself down replying to u and taken my own answer, its anxiety.
Nt

Tink
30-10-09, 23:20
You rant away lovey, its good to rant! Its awful tho isn't it especially when it comes back and for me also must be stress that has started it off. It seems to be getting worse than last time too and I am totally forgetting how to calm myself down again. Its like I need to reteach myself everything I have learnt.
I have been getting the fluttering and tight chest which I hate its awful. I had ecg done in july which was normal and keep wondering whether should go back. People keep telling me its anxiety and I believe them for what feels like a split second then I am thinking how do they know there not a doctor!

How long have u been doing ok for hun before it has come back?

Only about an hour ago could feel myself getting panicy watching tv then suddnely realised I was so tense from head to toe like I was waiting for something to happen.

Take care and llok forward to hearing from u xx

Angelicnorth
31-10-09, 11:08
Hi

Could it have been something you have eaten?

Helen x

june
31-10-09, 11:33
:hugs:itching and 'skin crawlling' can be caused by hyperventilation (according to Dinah Bradley in her bk on hyperventilation) over breathing releases histamine wich causes itches and rashes - like nettle rash.
Had this symptom on and off for years. BUT it still worries me when it comes back:blush:
Best wishes
june
:hugs:

Tink
31-10-09, 15:30
I am not sure if eaten anything. My legs have been itching a while but since p/a on sat been itching all over. Then u get stuck in the cycle u scratch it which makes u think about it and then itch even more!

That makes sense tho June as after p/a have been really concentrating on breathing anditching comes at same time. It def feels like things are crawling over me!

Thanks for all your kind words xxx

rebeccad
31-10-09, 15:41
i also itch all over to the point where i scratch and make myself bleed, i am scared to google what did it tell you?

Tink
01-11-09, 19:43
It came up with a variety of stuff. Been taking anti histamines for last couple of days which seems to be working so could will be an allergy to someting. Was dusting other day and quite sensitive to dust but do think it is largely down to anxiety.