PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy

hmcgowan
07-11-05, 10:40
Hey people.

Has anyone been for hypnotherapy for panic attack treatment? I'm so fed up with them now and I really will try anything to beat them. Ive heard that you can be taught self hypnotherapy and just wanted to know if anyone has tried this method and found it useful.

H McGowan

nomorepanic
07-11-05, 10:46
Yes I did it ...

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/hypnotherapy

Nicola

carldourish
07-11-05, 13:39
Hi H, Hypnotherapy would be excellent for your panic attacks, it will teach how to control your emotions very quickly, especially combined with NLP.

Any attack is brought on by an unconscious thought, and the pure beauty of thoughts is they can be changed very quickly.

Just try this simple yet effective method.

In this experiment you will learn how to change an unpleasant memory. This technique works best with everyday problems of low to medium intensity.

WATCH MOVIE OF PROBLEM SITUATION:

Begin by thinking of an everyday difficulty. For example, recall a time that you were disappointed or embrrassed, a time when you didn't feel very good abot things. Very important pick a specific and real event from your past. As you think of this specific event, notice what images and sounds come to mind and watch a movie of this event unfold before you. When you're done, notice how your feeling.

SELECT THEME MUSIC:

Now select some 'theme music' that mismatches the feelings you got from the movie you just watched. Your memory is probably serious and heavy. So select something light and bouncy, like circus music or cartoon music.

REPEAT MOVIE WITH MUSIC:

When you have selected music, have it playing nice and loud in your mind as you begin to watch your movie again. Have the music continue playing all the way through to the end.

CHECK RESULTS:

Now, rewind that movie back to the beginning. Play it without the music and notice your response to it this timie. Have your feelings changed? For many, the incident has become ludicrous or humourous. For others, their unpleasent feelings have been greatly reduced or at least neutralisied. If your feelings are not yet satisfactory for you, try using different kinds of theme music with your movie untilyou find the one that works.

Carl

Keitharcher
20-11-05, 17:23
Yes I did and it helped

Keith