PDA

View Full Version : Stressing out big time!

Alisonj
30-10-09, 03:44
So I had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago today. After surgery my platelet count was in the 300's (normal is 200-400) last week they had risen to 500 and that had me in a major frenzy worrying about clots etc, especially after just having surgery. This week they are at 600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was praying for a lower number and instead they have risen 100!!!!!!!!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
So the only answer I get from my doctor is that it can be a response from inflammation and healing from surgery. Almost your bodies way of healing extra well and making sure you dont have unnecessary bleeding. But I am having troubles with that. I googled ( I know i shouldnt have) and there is so much about how high #'s need to be treated etc. It does say it can be a result of surgery but it says with lots of tissue damage. I have no idea if I had lots or not. I am seriously going crazy and cant understand why they have not started to go down and are going up instead!!!!!!!!!!!
HELPPPPPP. If anyone has any knowledge on this at all, please let me know. I am so untrusting of doctors and it makes it that much worse. All I want is a normal platelet count. My hemoglobin is low as well but that is from losing blood and my white blood cell is very slightly elevated. My RDW is quite high as well. Googling just makes things worse but I have no idea if we have anyone on here with knowledge of these things.

tnt808
30-10-09, 05:04
Alison hugs hunxxx

I know you are still worried about your surgery, and now with this additional info I know it isn't helping. The brighter side is that you are 3wks out no clots have occured...no bleeding. I think you should try and trust your doctors...did he/she seem worried?

If you need to chat I am here...

LisaLisa
30-10-09, 10:54
I agree, the dr has given you their professional advise and they have direct experience that google doesnt have!!

Please dont google, if you have questions about this then ask the dr and only the dr then accept what they say. Complicating this issue is not going to be helpfull to you , it will just give your anxiety a place to thrive based on extreme cases of 'what if '!!

I hope your feeling okay luv

Lisa
xxxx