PDA

View Full Version : Please Please Help

juliej
30-10-09, 06:22
Morning,

I'm trying to type this whilst shaking so much :weep: I think this has been the worst week ever in my 16 year struggle. Going to center parcs today for the weekend and im in bits. Its not even the first time we have been there its the 7th!! I have spent the whole week in constant panic i've been getting about four hours sleep a night and i'm really don't know what to do. Okay I can just about cope with the sweating and rushes to the loo even started being sick now ! But I cant get a hold on the shaking its relentless, I cant believe my body can produce so much adrenaline. Does anyone have any ways of dealing with this . I even phoned the no panic answer message this morning , i've never had to do this . Should have come here on the chat board but a little embarrased as never done it before :blush:

At the moment I dont know how Im going to get in that car . Why why does this happen , i should be looking forward to a nice couple of days with the family not falling to pieces.

:emot-fail::emot-fail:

Julie

Jac 2009
30-10-09, 06:31
Morning Julie

Poor you. What are you afaid of? x

juliej
30-10-09, 06:57
Well its the thought of being away from home although only an hour and a half drive. I dont know what it is about elevedon center parcs but it makes me feel so isolated and away from everything . LOL that would be most peoples dream. I think its not having the car outside your front door and it being gated I feel trapped. Everytime I go there i have had Panic attacks and just been counting the hours to come home so not a very positive outlook. Also our friends are coming ths year so extra pressure (but not staying in the same villa) I only book it every year because the kids love it .

Jaco45er
30-10-09, 07:06
Julie I used to get exactly the same.

Ironically enough I went to Elevedon when I was in a state of high anxiety and prone to panic when away from home.

Some coping tips I would suggest is to burn off the adrenaline, because this will calm you down once you are there. Get straight into a bit of swimming and cycling, doing this will give you something to think about apart from how you feel, and exercise combats all those panicky feelings.

It's just you getting worked up about being out of your comfort zone, but a lot of this is anticipation anxiety, once you are there you will be less panicky.

And think of your accommodation as your own, and don't be scared to relax.

Good luck :)

Jaco

Jac 2009
30-10-09, 07:26
I understand exactly how you feel. We have a caravan and I won't go to a site which locks up at night - even though it is, of course, easy to get out as I'm sure it is at Center Parcs.

I agree with the last post that you should really get into it while you're there - you can't panic if you are swimming or cycling or whatever. For the journey, I look at things and comment on them in my head - look at that red car with the 07 number plate, I'm not sure about that colour of red - and so on, one after another so you don't have to time think about yourself. It's easier if you're not driving.

If it was me, once I got there, I would pour a nice big glass of wine!

I really hope it's better than you expect. Let me know.xxxxxxx

juliej
30-10-09, 09:12
Thank you guys , well I look like a ghost with these dark circles but I'm getting packed and we will take a slow drive up there. Yes Jaco I will try and burn up the adrenaline I'm even going to take my running gear so I may be doing that at 3am lol. Also have a nice spar booked with my friend tomorrow:D.

Your comments have really helped our thoughts are always at the darkest in the early hours :scared15:.

I shall report back Sunday night on my return

Julie xx