PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone. :(

MiseryIsAButterfly
30-10-09, 11:36
Hello everyone.
I am a 22 year old wife and mother to a 18 month old precious baby girl. I moved to the UK two years ago from the US to be with my husband (he is a british citizen).
I found this site a few days ago and decided to join.
I have had ocd, depression, and anxiety for many years now.
My husband suggested I get off my Prozac about 4 months ago saying it causes me to sleep too much and be like a "zombie".
I reluctantly agreed, and I fear that doing so has caught up with me.
About a week ago I was at the movie theatre and choked on a piece of popcorn. (I have been having swallowing difficulties for about 5 years now.) This sent me into a fullblown panic attack. At the time I didnt realize I was having a panic attack as it seemed very real and as if I was dying. I couldn't breathe, I was shaking, feeling dizzy, crying, etc.
Since then I have been to the emergency room about 4 times and even called an ambulance once because I thought I was having a heart attack. The doctors listened to my heart and lungs, and said everything was fine. They also did an ekg that was also fine.
I had a barium swallow test yesterday to see what is wrong with my swallowing problem but when I was in there I could not swallow the liquid, and became panicky again. I fear that perhaps I have throat cancer or something causing my swallowing problem, and sadly I guess I will not know until it is too late, because I could not do the barium swallow test.
I have lost 10 lbs in a week (which is great, since I am a pretty heavy person.), but I am very frightened something is terribly wrong. I have stopped drinking coca cola though a week ago, which could be the reason of weight loss but I dread it is something more sinister.

Every since that night at the movie theatre, I haven't felt normal again.
I still feel like I can't breathe. About a month ago the docors diagnosed me with acid reflux and I started taking the Omeprazole they prescribed me just recently. I stopped taking it because last night I couldn't feel my heart beat and was feeling dizzy. Whenever I have tried to go to sleep this past week I wake up choking for air. I can't doze off normally without stopping breathing, or I will wake up with my heart racing. I feel like I can't even function anymore! I had to give my daughter to my mother in law for a few days hoping I will pull myself together and get back to the way things use to be. Every day for the past week I have felt unable to breathe properly even though the doctors listen to my lungs and they are clear. I have been crying on and off non stop frantically, afraid of dying.
I am just an overall mess. I really don't know what to do, who to turn to.
I don't have any family or friends int his country and feel so out of place and lost.
I get really scared because my husband works everyday 9-7 and I don't like to be alone feeling this way. I am scared something horrible is going to happen to me and no one will be here to know.
I fear they will take my daughter away because of all of this. I know they must find me to be crazy going to the hospital all those times with "nothing wrong with me".

I am sorry for writing such a long introduction.
It feels nice to vent my feelings a little though.
I hope to meet people with similar problems to mine on here, and perhaps get advice on where to go from here.
Thanks for your time.

diane07
30-10-09, 11:38
Hi MiseryIsAButterfly

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

MiseryIsAButterfly
30-10-09, 11:42
Thank you very much. :)

tnt808
31-10-09, 02:13
Welcome to the site. You will find loads of support here, and pop into the chatroom if you ever feel the need to vent, or just want to chat.

lynn1960
31-10-09, 09:12
i am just the same as you feeling panick all day not sleeping when i do wake in a panic need to get out dont feel this will end dont like the feelings

MiseryIsAButterfly
01-11-09, 14:17
Thank you again everyone for the warm welcome.

Bimp
01-11-09, 14:39
I just joined yesterday and feel exactly the same. I can't breath properly and i am convinced that every twinge in my body is terminal. This is totally new to me and it is terrifying. You are not alone. xx