PDA

View Full Version : I Cant Find Antone Else Who Has My Symptoms. I'm Scared

nutteetart
30-10-09, 12:35
Hi All, tension in my head that feels like pressure or caving in. If i am bad,i take tiny steps because i am so tense and disoriented from the dizzy feeling of being on a ship constantly. I look like i am hunched up and away with the fairies and i cant control my brreathing. If i do go out which is awful as i am agoraphobic, i cant breathe and i cant seem control it. Then i have all the ususal anxiety feelings ontop.
The head thing is awful. It stops me from getting involved in things because i am so uncomfortable, o distraction becomes harder. Will my head ever stop and let me get off!
Anyone else get any of this? I think people think i am crazy. I think i might be

gypsywomen
30-10-09, 12:44
helo dont worry your not on your own i often feel like you ,,i hate it bu must get on with things its part of anxiety,, be srong :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

maddie
30-10-09, 12:51
You describe the way I feel very well. I often think people must think I'm drunk as I stoop and lurch along. It's odd how panic makes your legs stop working just when you want to run!
There's dozens of people on here feel like you do. You are not alone. have you had any therapy to help? Your Doc can refer you.

nutteetart
30-10-09, 12:55
Thank you, yes i have had help. I have suffered on and off for 10 yrs but at the moment i am terrified to go to Docs on Monday. Terrified of the journey and then sitting waiting. I can already imagine me sitting, agitated, cant breathe, feeling faint. I am terrified. Does anyone have the head thing too?

gypsywomen
30-10-09, 13:49
yes feels l ike its heavy and when you bend down or get up from sitting

nutteetart
30-10-09, 13:54
Its awful. It never goes away. I cant even sit and watch tv, its too awful. I dont know many that have this. Its almost like sinus probs because it affects my face too. My nose feels numb. I suppose i should just keep ignoring it as best i can. Sometimes its too much. I did really well yesterday but today i am back again. This is a tough gig!

gtrgrl3369
30-10-09, 14:10
I had this symptom and this is the one that scared me the most. I felt like my head was always going to fall off it felt so heavy. I felt like I was walking to the right all the time and being dizzy was the worst. My face felt numb sometimes, I had to hold on to something all the time because I was so scared I was going to fall. I never did and I learned that it was because people with anxiety bunch their shoulders. It causes pinched nerves in the neck. We also have a tendency not to breathe right when we get anxious, which causes the feeling of lightheadedness and numbness. Once I learned how to breathe right and roll my shoulders out, I started to feel better but I still had the fear. It took a while to face it but once I did it totally went away. It was like my body and mind said "oh your scared of this, watch this", but you can beat this. If I can help let me know. Take care.

nutteetart
30-10-09, 14:14
Thank you, I need to try these things. How did you sort your breathing. This is something i havent got the hang of at all? and roll out the shoulders? Any other advice?

june
30-10-09, 14:28
:hugs:This quote is from "symptoms" under Problems / issues on left of screen - it comes un heading "Dizziness"
You feel suddenly light-headed, woozy or dizzy. This is sometimes accompaniedby a feeling that you might faint or pass out. It also may feel as though you are walking on a boat, or that the floor seems to move up and down and it's hard to balance. You may also have difficulty placing your feet because your perception of the ground or floor may be wrong. In some cases it may seem that even though you are standing on a firm floor, the floor may be vibrating ormoving.
This is a very common feeling that most sufferers get. It's usually as a result of hyperventilation but also of intense fear and the adrenalin hit.
There is also a VERY good book - Hyperventilation by Dinah Bradley.
I know this is a very frightening symptom I still cannot fully control it but now understand some of it which helps:blush:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

lc2613
23-11-09, 22:46
i atempted asda the other night and all i can describe was severe sinusitus at the top of my nose imbetween my eyes pulling me down so much pressure felt as if i was going to get a nose bleed had to keep checking but again just the anxiety only it leaves me witha dull headache after.at least again i am not the only one. i just keep thinking how the hell can anxiety do this to a person it seems impossible.x

looking4answers
23-11-09, 23:11
Nutte,

86 percent of the worlds population wakes that way every morning. Its called tension and stress ..Most of everyone has a drug or drink to calm them down and even some people exercise almost like a drug to get the tension out of their bodies.

I assure you , you aren't alone. I have lived in this barren waste land for almost four years. I have felt like exactly what you are describing about 50 percent of the time.
It comes from stress and nerves . Please don't ever feel you are alone and no one feels the way you do. The only thing I have been able to do is to keep going and try to try to overcome the feeling. Sometimes Im successful and it goes away and sometimes it stays for weeks.. Anyway just wanted to say we all feel the same and we are here for you ..

mad4it
24-11-09, 10:31
Yep this is my worst symptom. This is the reason i do not go out alone. Feels as if my left foot is sinking into the ground. When its bad i cant speak or see properly. Feels as if i am drunk. I get pressure either side of my head too. I still have no way of controlling it. I make sure i take a pill before going anywhere. Seems to work.

lior
24-11-09, 10:44
I haven't had symptoms quite like this, but when I have a panic attack I use some singing techniques. There are loads you can do. Practicing when you feel calm helps too. Ok, here's an example:

Intake breath and raise your arms above your head, and slowly lower them out to the sides as if you were doing breaststroke swimming up into the air, breathing out as you lower your arms. As your arms come down to your sides, breathe out that last bit of air you have in your lungs. Then breathe in as you raise your arms again and repeat the excersize, slowing down every time. Breathing all the way out will make your breathing deeper.

You can breathe in through your nose, and out through your mouth either in a O shape or on a fff. Saying ffff as you breathe out slows your breathing further and aids concentration.

I don't know if it will help much but it might be worth a try... it certainly works for me as a singer :)

rjb2214
24-11-09, 15:07
I've had a similar thing happen to me. I was at work when all of a sudden i had a rush of panic. 99/100 times when I get this rush the very top of my head starts to sting. Now in this episode, as I started to walk home, it felt like I was walking on thick custard or jelly, and yeah i felt drunk/sea sick type feelings too - felt quite nausious as my surroundings felt like they were rocking side to side.

I mentioned this to my doc, who told me this is another anxiety symptom which he called "disassociation" - I've not seen this term listed anywhere on the net, however he has been treating patients with stress, anxiety and panic disorders for years, so I take his word for it. Personally I just put it down to the panic and the fact i've got chronic insomnia! My doctor confirmed that these head zaps, stings, disorientation, dizzyness and lightheadedness are all part of the anxiety, migraine and insomnia symptoms.