PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else panic when driving in the dark?

Julesy
30-10-09, 14:08
I'd like to chat to people who share this experience with me. I am 27 years old and clam up when driving in the dark. I genuinely struggle to concentrate as everything looks distorted but rather than just getting used to it, I grip the steering wheel and panic! I hate it! And dont get me started on when the fog comes down! :mad:

johnnicholls
30-10-09, 14:32
Yes I do! I hate it, I always feel things get too close and drift towards me. I avoid if possible, although this time of the year that's difficult. And why is it everyone else seems to have mega-bright headlights whilst your own seem like a couple of candles.

Julesy
30-10-09, 15:12
My husband does all the driving in the dark, and it doesnt bother him one little bit! I just dont get it!
I really want to stop avoiding it because I would do so much more fun stuff if I could have the confidence to drive back at night.
I think the thought of doing it is always worse than the actual doing! Bloody panic attacks - I hate them!

mandie
02-11-09, 00:12
Hi

I struggle with this to, last nite i had to drive hour in dark to pick daughter up and then the bloomin same back again. i hated it, and then getting stuck in traffic in the dark made me worse.

i keep thinking the more i do it the easier it will become but it doesnt seem to be happening that way

love mandie x

LucyR
02-11-09, 01:45
Hi, I suffer from Keratoconus so I probably have a much greater struggle than any of you here, or do any of you also suffer from this? The condition causes irregular cornea and causes all kinds of distorted vision to the sufferer. I do drive in the dark, out of necessity now, but it causes me a lot of anxiety and its great to get back to my town after having to drive on country roads with no street lights.

Angelai
02-11-09, 20:18
Yep. I feel dangerous when driving in the dark... can't seem to stay in my lane because it keeps moving, feels like everything is just coming at me. And sometimes I am convinced that there is someone in the back seat, like they sneaked in when I wasn't looking. I actually have to pull over and check properly sometimes, because trying to see in the mirror and constantly looking over/twitching just isn't safe :blush: