PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about feeling better...

PoppyC
30-10-09, 17:16
Hi
I have had a really good totally anxiety free day - which is rare - and bought a new puppy :) - and a little earlier, I suddenly felt anxious and sick because everything seems so calm. I know it sounds odd, but I have had this before, when everything seems calm and I feel calm, I then begin to get anxious.
Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think its because I am usually always anxious even if only a little bit, that when I have no anxiety, I get anxious because I am used to feeling anxious because its so new to me.
A little part of me thinks at least I know where I am feeling anxious - almost like I am so accustomed to having anxiety, that when I don't have, its like I cannot adjust to being in an anxiety free state.
Sorry if this sounds mixed up...I can't explain it that well :wacko:

dante
30-10-09, 21:14
i totally understand, i not sure wether i am scared of going back to being anxious, or the fact that i am just so used to it that it seems normal to be anxious,with me i have very intrusive thoughts, and when i dont have them for a while i think i havent had them for a while then i panic that they will come back and funny enough they do lol.but i do think it very normal, think we are aware of them being there so long it hard to forget, and as claire weekes says with fear gone all thats left is memory, time fades memory.

maddie
31-10-09, 00:48
I think you are right Poppy. Your mind is trained to feel anxious now and your body is used to adrenaline surges when you panic. Both have to be retrained to relax. Having a new puppy is the ideal time. If you can, sit with the puppy stroking it and feeling it, then recognise how your body and your mind feel as you are doing it. You may get odd surges of anxiety, but you should be able to train yourself to feel relaxed and calm. Once you experience pleasure from being relaxed, you should be able to recognise this feeling in other situations and not panic then. Good luck.