PDA

View Full Version : Muscles around mouth feel strange and tight when talking

ro44
30-10-09, 18:21
I was talking to my sister a while ago and the muscles around the left side of my mouth felt strange when I was talking. Like the muscles were tighter on that side. I could talk alright but it scared me. I immediately thought of stroke and went to the mirror to see if my smile was crooked. It wasnt. I then tried to speak, raise arms, stick out tongue, everything they tell you to do to check for a stroke.

Has anyone had this? It is scary. I know that my neck and shoulders are really tight right now. I'm training a new puppy and am very stressed. I got some muscle relaxers and am considering taking one. I just hate the way they make me feel in the head. So dopey.

Anyone able to relate to this?

Gazman
30-10-09, 22:12
i've had this before, did it by any chance go away when u touched or rubbed the area?

Mine was on the left side, like it was partially curled around my upper and lower lip and the side of my cheek slightly.

I just put it down to anxiety at the time.

ro44
30-10-09, 22:17
I didnt touch it or rub it, just kinda freaked out a little. It feels okay now. I guess it's just tight muscles in my face ???

mandyclare
30-10-09, 22:19
Hi.. if its gone away it is nothing to worry about at all but must have been scary at the time.

Glad you are feeling better

mand x

Gazman
30-10-09, 22:22
Probably, if it's gone now i'm sure your ok, could of been muscle tightness like you said.

Robbs
31-10-09, 00:38
this sounds pretty normal and axiety/stress related to me, same sort of thing as when your about to cry sometimes your lips or chin quiver uncontrolably or feel tight like when you pull a sad face, i get it sometimes, i really wouldn't worry about it.

looking4answers
26-11-09, 05:23
You know.. whatever you have I must have and visa versa..We don't compare notes but when I read your post I see the same symptoms I have almost to a 't' .. I just wonder if we have something that is similar. Michael

Moinpasha
09-02-16, 18:57
Hello friends when I talking my lips going tight what should I do
Pls suggest me pls help me out

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Hi myself Moin I m working for Samsung India pvt ltd
I m sales executive when I attending I cannot properly with customer
Bcz my lips going tight
What should I do pls help me out