PDA

View Full Version : A long story, but i need healp and ears please:)

Aurun
30-10-09, 18:40
Hello everyone :)
It's hard to know where to start so its best i start from the beginning to explain my situation and why i feel i need to post. This is a loooooog story. Ive suffered with anxiety and panic attacks in the past (posted here 5 years ago) and i learnt to deal with them, but ive now encountered the biggest loss in my life (will explain) and its hit me harder than i ever thought possible - me and a partner have broken up and i have a broken heart.
Bit of back story :- my parents broke up when i was 6 on xmas eve and my mother went off with another guy. For the next 3 years i was beaten by my dad and starved (retribution against mother who knows). I went to live with my mom at aged 10 and had good teen years for a bit.
Im a big strong guy and very keen sporty super confident (normally lol). I met a girl aat 16 we got together, had a child at 19 - it went downhill from there (posted about it 5 years ago) - she didnt want to settle down and be a family but i was happy to - she cheated many many times and got abusive (verbally and physically - i never retaliated once cuz i cant hit a woman). We ended up living in a flat and i became claustrophobic which started off my anxiety along with how i was being treated, then we had problems with noisey abusive neighbours which added to it. I wasnt able to conquer my anxiety until we left the flat and things 'seemed' bearable.
I stayed in that relationship for another 4 years cuz i COULDNT leave my daughter like my mother left me - i wanted the 'happy' family thing SO badly!
But things came to a head, she left several times, cheated a few times and eventually she left last april. In the same week i lost my job, house and family.
I dont know how but i SURVIVED THAT, god knows how! Family and friends helped me a lot, i was a zombie. I moved back into my mothers and tried to 'carry on', i spent last summer chatting with women online, trying to meet people, ended up donig what my m8s kept suggesting meeting women from online, slept with quite a few but I didnt feel better, it wasnt right, it wasnt ME. Thats the backstory, nows why im the way i am now :-
Then in dec last year i met a women ironically via online and a friend - we clicked instantly, had everything in common, loved all the same things, were same star signs, it was amazing, i was instantly attracted to her mind body and soul.
We dated for 2 weeks and she told me new years eve she'd fallen in love with me, i told her the same back but felt very anxious. We then started spending lots of time together, 4 nights a week . Now all my life all id wanted was unconditional love and affection and she gave it me in abundance - the void that had been left due to my childhood and past relationship wanted to be filled so badly! I told her id make her the happiest woman alive, i told her daily how much she meant to me, how much i loved her (further into relationship), how beautiful she was and how special she was, every day. 4 weeks into relationship we'd agreed baby names for gods sake! But i was more than happy to cuz i fell hook line and sinker for her. She told me the same thing every day - how special i was, that id was making her the happiest woman alive, that she found it funny that in a month i made her happier with me than she had been with a guy for the past 4 1/2 years.
She'd told me on 2nd date she wanted kids and family house marriage by the time she was 28 (23 at the time but seemed very mature for her age). Now i was cagey about jumping in to fast but she gave so much and made me so happy, accpeted me and my child lovingly i returned it all, she convinced me we were soulmates and fate had bought us together.
Now a month into relationship she was talking about engagement rings, she'd gone through catalogues for things for house - we bot hwanted to live together BUT we were both in debt, me till now and her till jan 2011. The 1st 4-6 months she was so excited about us living together, and i kept saying i was too but its still another 18 months away, she'd print off info of places we could rent which i was happy to look at but locially knew they wouldnt be available in 18 months (possibly).
She was so full on, so intense, offered me all i wanted and said what i wanted to hear daily, was so affectionate i loved it.
But,,,, at the start of relationship i used to go to gym 3 times a week but she made me feel guilty about it as i wouldnt see her if i went to gym (she lived out of city), she didnt actually say that but made me feel it so i stopped going for 4 months. I put on 2 stone and said enoughs enough i gotta get back down there, she said she needed to get fit an would like to come to plus we'd get to be together there so we did for the last 4 months.
Also i started staying at hers more than at mine, 5 nights a week (when i didnt have my daughter), in the last few months i kept saying to her i felt uncomfortable staying at hers (her dads) so much and didnt want to step on his toes as its his house (also politley saying i wanted a bit of my own space) but she insisted its ok and i stay. A couple of times she went for drinks with a m8 and insisted i wait at hers an that its ok which i was uncomfortable with.
Everythnig was fine until mid sept.
She instantly changed, she went cold, was distant to me, non receptive. I asked her what was wrong and she kept saying it was work getting her down as might be laid off (had nearly happened a few times and id supported her through it). Then 4 weeks ago we went for meal and she said something was wrong, that she felt things had got 'too' routine and we were spending too much time together under each others feet (id tried aying it for weeks but she didnt listen). She said she felt she'd neglected her m8s but insisted she didnt want to break up just wanted some time to herself. I was like np, thats absolutly fine with me. I said what if u feel like this in 6 months and her reply was 'im a fighter, i love you more than anything id never give up', lol.
The next 2 weeks she continued to be distant no matter what i did, she wasnt her at all. Then on the sat she met me at work and broke up with me saying she 'couldnt do it anymore, she wasnt happy, had lived a lie for a few weeks, didnt love me anymore but didnt know why'.
i was a mess. We met the sunday night and talked, she said she wanted us to work, us to be happy again and things to be like as they 'were' at the beginning. She was very affectionate that evening cuddling like old days.
We had 4 days apart and met on the thur night, and had the best night we ever had, meal, id done candles, music cd, pink champagne, and the energy between us was electric, she told me lots of her feelings had coem back for me.
Then the friday and weekend she was cold, hardly heard from her at all. The monday i cooked her a meal and she was 'ok' but not receptive, the tuesday we went bowling/meal and she treated me like one of her lad m8s, i felt so uncomfortable. She'd told me the thur feelings had coem back but then told me tue that she had no feeling at all for me, but was gonna see how things went. We were meant to be going away that weekend and i needed soem answers before we went and instead she broke up with em by text lol. Said she though it was a mistake trying (she didnt try at all) and that shes not happy anymore (but didnt speak to me about it at all). It broke my heart. Id fallen unconditionalyl in love with her, trusted her, beleived all she'd said about soulmates, we'd planned out our next 4 years together, her dream became ours, i can imagine what our kids look like, she used too!
Now my anxiety came back when she started being distant in sept, and u can imagine it got worst with how things hae transpired recently to the point where in now in full depression and full of anxiety.
The void she filled is now hollow, she has totally cut me out of her life, not heard from her since monday, shes dropped all my stuff off.
Some thnis ive found out :- shes been engaged 4 times in 3 years. She was with a guy 4 1/2 years, kept breaking up cuz he didnt go through with ahving kids/marriage so she left him got with another guy. Was with other guy 7 months happy. THen the ex turned up saying he wanted kids etc and she broke up with the guy she'd been with 7 months like it was NOTHING. Shes able to cut things out of her life so easily.
She also told me she stopped loving me when the 'honeymoon' period ended (sept). She got this fairytale in her head about marriage, kids etc and a relationship being as intense all the way through like it is at the start. She'd had a hard childhood with alcoholic mother and her leaving for another man - so we both had a emotional void we wanted filled. She offered me what id always wanted in a partner and family and i offered her the same. But the reality of waiting another 2 years /18months it wore off for her. Tbh yes things did get a bit routine but not once did she suggest anything, it was always me. She never initiated anything cuz she said she feared rejection even though she rejected advances from me like 18 times a week lol. I could never win - she was never in the mood unless stimulated via neck / massaging (im good at), so id do that, she had car crash 2 years and and had bad back so id massage it to help her plus just being nice id do that. So she always thought i was after something even if i was just being loving! I tried talking to her about it an she said 'well if u massage me i'll be in the mood anyway'. (reminding myself of good and bad cuz it helps me move on).

Anyway. I feel like ive lost the love of my life cuz i have, it was so intense, she made me and my daughter so happy, she offered me everything i dreamed of. I have no confidence, no motivation. The main problem i have with moving on is A. my heart loves her so much B. We shared everything, all my escapisms we shared even the gym, i have nothnig to switch off. For the last 8 days ive thought about her constantly. But shes already moving on looking for the next 'victim' and its breaking my heart how fast shes moved on.
I dont know where to start, ive been to doctor like 7 times, im not sleeping hardly at all, wake up stupidly early, Zopidem sleeping tabs, Propranoioi for anxiety and Escitalopram for depression - been 4 days. Today i saw a mental health worker for assessment and he says im not depressed, just very very very hurt, he says i should come off the anti depressants (was on dothiepin 5 years ago).
Im struggling to let go, i dont know how to let the love of my life thats still alive go, the last thing she said was 'let me go'. My head says ive got to but my heart doesnt know how. Plus i cant find anything to distract me, ive looked on net at things new to do locally cant find anything, i talk to lots of friends and family, got lots of support.
Just my anxiety is so bad, had so many panic attacks, full of tension. If i bottle it up it gets worst, if i let it out i cry non stop, feel a bit better but always crying.
Reading this i may sound a bit silly, or whatnot, but i went from someone that was independant and only looked slightly ahead, to i can see now someone that was dependant on her love, it dominated me i see now. But i was happy for it too cuz it made me so happy.
Ive researched lots of thnigs on net and found a thing about 'imitation love', and it describes perfectly what happened, that we were both searching for something, its just mine turned into 'real love' it seems and hers didnt. The fact that her love stopepd when honeymoon period ended. God im waffling now but its helpnig write this out trust me!! Some thnigs are becoming clearer to me.
It hurts so much, i miss her terribly, got so used to her, her smell, company, she smile, touch, now im alone and i hate it. Miss her so much, feel sick thinknig she may be out with someone else. Ineed to get a hold of my life again. Cant believe how much this has effected me.
Im feeling a bit agrophobic again, get nervous around people, im getting tingling feeling in hands and feet/toes, i have no motivation, no confidence at all, the sense of loss is huge and the anxiety is getting worst. Its made even worst with lack of sleep, waking tossing and turning for hours and hours 3am+ and cant ever get back to sleep. In evenings i dunno what to do cuz everything reminds me of her, this room, this pc. I ve made some little changese liek using different mugs, changing my deoaderant and shower gel sprays etc, diff bed sheets. But my inner chatterbox is constantly thinking of her, all the time, i cant shut it off and it makes the anxiety worst. Haunted endlessly by memories of her about everything i look at.
Im sure many of you have been here, what do u recommend? Everyone is telling me tiem is a healer and i know it is. But the anxiety is making it worst. Even worst that i knoew something was up and she lied for weeks to me. That hurt me deep cuz ironically we said at beginning of relationship we'd had partners that were bad at communication. I tried to talk to her daily. Im in disbelief that im in the situation im in now, i cant believe whats happened and im trying to come to terms with it. I need help on how to relax in morning when i cant sleep, how to switch my brain from thinking about her, and how to make my heart start to let go.
Please if anyone can help or has any advise im open to anything cuz i feel like im going insane.
I know ive gone on but just knowing other people out there are experiencing the anxiety makes me feel better that its not just me. Ive conquered it before but that was because the ex ex was unbearable to live with. With this partner we didnt argue once the whole time, just had a few annoying things.
Its amzing that it can affect anyone no matter how strong u think u are. Im 6ft 2" skin head, always been physically strong an confident but this paralyses me totally. i go back to work next monday but im afraid. Today i took my daughter home and had to get 4 buses, that was so hard, the tension was building inside badly.
Ive probably missed lots of things out but my head is a mess and feels cotton-wooly. Thankyou if you've read this and sorry i didnt use spell checker :)
J

tobyw
30-10-09, 19:04
Hi there,

I have had a similar experience to you in the past, about 5 years ago. The only advice I can give you is this.

1. See a doctor, you need some help regulating your sleep pattern again and not getting sleep will only make your anxiety stronger. My doctor gave me something to take at about 8 in the evening, ready to go to bed at 10. Trust me, sleep helps !

2. Don't worry about being surrounded be things familiar with percieved sentimental value. This will pass in time. Be aware your mind is active at the moment and your body/emotions can only repsond to your thoughts. Your mind is a kind of "trickster" so be aware of it and what it is doing. Only you can create the reality of your unhappiness, no one else.

3. The type of girl you have been with is emotionally unstable and has things to work through herself still. My ex had also been engaged 5 times ! and was engaged 6 months after we broke up to only call that one off ! I comforted myself by being the only one who never asked her ! A woman like this has emotional instability and until she build her own self esteem she is going to continue this pattern.

4. Focus on YOU right now, you deserve it ! Gym, exercise is good for anxiety, self esteem and hormonally which you need right now. Make some plans and give yourself something to look forward to.

5. She will come back at you, especially if she see's you moving on with your life. Its tough to do this but women like to perceive their men as strong. Keep going, you will get there and look back on it one day. You can't see it now but her leaving your life will be the best thing for you in the long run... and you will meet the right one as I have albeit it takes time.

Good luck and get to that doctor, we all need help sometimes and your time is now..

gypsywomen
30-10-09, 19:12
hi arun i have read your post,,it seems to me since being a child people daughter ,,love of a child is wonderful ,, i can understand your anxiety and feelings ,must be so hard for you loving someone like that and being treated like this ,,my advice is go to work Monday no matter how you feel once you dont go you will only get worse,, so face it you sound like a big strong man but weak in your heart ,,,,have courage when you hit bottom the only way is back up.. your playing into this woman's hands if you give in go to work ...chat with mates ,,,just think it would really P her off if she finds your going on ,,, as for anxiety it will get worse if you just sit around and think maggy :hugs:

Aurun
31-10-09, 09:21
thankyou for replying guys/ladies :)
ive just had a terrible night, i didnt get 1 mins sleep, even after having a horlicks before bed, watching comedy and taking my sleeping tablet, im an absolute state this morning, worst than a zombie, i cant stand up properly.

I know in myself its time for me now, time to move on, and as the day wears on i feel better in myself and able to cope, but then getting no sleep removes all the good work and i am totally shattered :( ive tried listening to that relaxation cd but i just cant drop off, i keep thinking of the word sleep, nothing is working and i feel liek im going insane, its made my anxiety this morning 1000x times worst :(

J

onceagain
31-10-09, 10:02
Hi

I'm in the exact same position but the other way round, I was an independant woman who had lived alone for many years due to bad childhood experiences and a violent relationship which lasted 8 years. I too through a friend went on dating sites met some nice people and some real weirdo's and then like yourself met a guy who I just instantly clicked with.

He suggested moving in together and was insecure kept asking if I really wanted to be with him n did I love him. Truth is never loved anyone as much. Our relationship became very intense though in the early days my fears of being hurt again made me try to end it.

As I say never loved anyone so intensly I suddenly had this incredible fear of losing him, became very panicky at the thought. I feared all other women due to my previous relationship my ex ex was a cheat a liar and a bully, he controlled every thing I did.

The more intense my love for my partner the more intense the fears, panic and anxiety sometimes I felt I would die, I would tremble, find it hard to swallow and my insides felt like they were being ripped out.

He began keeping things from me and left me several times which I could not cope with, I had a breast cancer scare and faced it alone. He would tell me he loved me one minute the next tell me he wasn't sure, I got to the point where I didn't know what was real and what wasn't and my anxiety depression grew because I was afraid of losing something that meant so much to me.

He too has immediately moved on and my life has become a trap, I can't sleep, I jolt awake to panic after a few hours, I pace, I'm scared to go out in the dark and it feels as if I have lost part of me. ALL BECAUSE I FELL TRULY IN LOVE.

But do you know something when we get through all this we will be stronger and more compassionate to others. I think our hardest battle is trust I took a lot of years to give it someone but unfortunately on doing so it brought all past negatives that I had buried under the carpet to the fore of my mind.

I wish you all the best and if you ever wanna just chat then no problem pm me, it is good to talk to people in similar situations and I understand exactly how you feel.

Look after yourself, get angry with her not you, I blamed me for the first month and then I thought he did not support and hasn't looked back at how ill he has left me, just goes out drinking and planning his future. He has had other disastrous relationships and one he kicked a girl out of his house after she gave up her home, I think he will go back to her actually but if not then it won't take him long to find someone, I still love him to bits but if someone loves another they would not turn their backs and watch that person get ill and not care, so we have to care about ourselves a little for the time being.

Saw postings on fear of losing someone, thats what we had and they didn't know what they had but they won't ever be loved so intensly again but we will be.

Sharon

Aurun
31-10-09, 16:16
Thankyou Sharonsk :)

i went to town today and popped into my work. I had 3 panic attacks and nearly collapsed 3 times, once geting off the bus. Im back home now. I spent 2 hours lay on sofa trying to drift off but couldnt, had 4 panic attacks with just thoughs of her upsetting me, blaming myself for whats happened.
All clammy, i keep telling myself i will get through this, its not my fault, thsi is natural reaction, its just my anxiety is so bad atm, my arms and legs are almost weightless and tingly, im trying to calm down, ive become afraid of my room to some extent but its my space! Im scared about trying to sleep later that i might not be able to like last night, i havent been able to nap :(
im really scared
Joe

gypsywomen
31-10-09, 16:29
please try to calm down it wont help have a shwer stand in it play music .anything to keep you mind busy,,, you were panicing about goung into work but you did it no matter how you felt dosent that tell you you can ,and that your feeling is anxiety,,,i think you did very well pat yourself on the back ,,just stay calm if you can maggyx

onceagain
31-10-09, 17:11
Hi again:)

The thoughts are because it is a raw hurt and it is your greiving, what makes it harder is that you are also feeling anxious, we all hurt when cheated and thats how you feel. Don't blame yourself, I know I did, worrying bout him instead of me and feeling lost, we were always together. Mornings are worse for me and I'm up usually til the small hours so if you need to chat then feel free.

For now though just chill out to music or sort out something in your room, walk, talk to anyone about anything and if your mind wanders to her tell yourself no! and think of something else, it does help me, if you dont have the thought then panic doesn't take such as strong hold and you'll get through it easier.

I'm not back to work yet over 4 weeks, though desperate to get back the isolation is the worst thing, even if you call someone try to talk.

Best of luck to you, you deserve better crisis number is 08001070160 they will talk to you if you do start to feel bad, otherwise the samaritans have online help but don't expect immediate reply, their number is there on website if you need to actually say the words out loud and like me feel most times you cant. :hugs:

Aurun
31-10-09, 17:58
thankyou all so much for your support, it really means a lot to me. Im trying to ignore the anxiety, been playing a game on xbox but couldnt get into it, mind keeps thinking about the anxiety - its such a silly viscious circle. Just some respite would be nice, if i could get some rest and sleep i can recharge and fight it more. This is the worst day ive had in 9 days. Keep reminding myself that i have felt better this week.
Thankyou both :)

looking4answers
01-11-09, 01:25
After reading what happened to you .. It made me think..The best thing for you is to swear off women forever. Loathe the person that did this to you and the others. Give yourself time and take care and love your daughter..She won't always want to be that close to you . Focus everything on her. Forget love ,forget women, find a passion to fill that void and maybe one day you will happen on happiness with someone.

I was married 23 the first time. I left her. I could write a book about the horrors of that relationship but I stayed because I love my daughters. When I finally left my life was awesome. I traveled and did many things I never thought I would do. I had passions that were uninterrupted by relationships ,yet I did date.

I never put to much thought into the dates ,swore no woman would ever claim all of my heart again and was always prepared for walking away. I never gave a woman all of me or to the point I couldn't live without her. This went on about five years.. and I accidently met a woman online. We chatted off and on over a period of months. I had no intention of getting involved much the less getting married..

As things would have it .. with the attitude that I could walk away anytime.. things progressed over time and we fell madly in love and got married and have been together 8 years and counting. Both of us were not interested in marriage or a relationship but it came whether we wanted it or not. Now after 8 years.. we are so much alike we are like the same person. We have never spent a night apart, and sometimes I worry that I have given too much of myself to her.. But deep in my mind I prepare always for something to happen, just in case.. But anyway .. I kind of went through a bad situation with my first wife and the best thing that happened to me was my freedom from worrying about relationships and enjoying other passions..

You don't have to give up dating but when you are dating just pretend that it doesn't matter to you , be so involved with other interest that the whole concept of a relationship is meaningless..Over time you will run into someone that you aren't even aware that you would end up with and fate will put you together.. Anyway thats my two cents worth.. I hope things get better for you . Relax and just throw yourself into other things.. and the anxiety will fade. Good luck to you ..

loulabella
01-11-09, 01:52
Hey hun. Just wanted to say make sure you do listen to doctor as seems you may begin to spiral and if you stop the meds may get worse. Trust me. Been there 5 times in 3 months. I was in a nasty violent relationship which left me with only one good thing. My son. His dad is great with him. I on the other hand was just a trophy vessel in my eyes to get a baby from. I know your pain. 4 years on. I'm happy but the pain and anger I went through. You will too. It won't be easy and you need to accept that. When you finally do, it will be a mini mini mini bit better... Slowly does it. The tortoise won the race. Pm if you need too x

onceagain
01-11-09, 07:56
No that isn't a fair thing to do to other women or yourself, certainly lay off relationships and form friendships but why go into something preparing for the bad to happen. You need to grieve your loss its part of the process and then deal with the anxiety.

Once you have that under control then whoever comes into your life be it friend, colleague or new partner they will have the real you and not someone carrying the past with them which will only lead to the same senario for you.

Good luck

Aurun
01-11-09, 13:30
Thankyou looking, loulou & Sharon :)
a few friends have said the same sort of thing, stay away from women for a while, try to find myself. I was quite happy with my life before i met her but was searching for love though. All the things i enjoy i find no satisfaction in now, hell i have no emotion atm.
I slept for 3 hours last night, im shattered today. All day ive had insane anxiety, to the point that i feel like im going to break. Then i got a call from my sister - said she im putting far too much energy into moving on, trying to fight the images im assulted with. She recommends i say to myself, 'i miss her, i love her but it wasnt meant to be', that im forcing myself and my heart isnt ready, which atm it isnt ready to move on.
Havent felt any emotion for 3 days now, just huge amounts of anxiety, i go back to work tomorrow and getting visit from directors, im worried that i'll be a quivering wreck like how ive been the last 2 days. Trying to stay positive but not finding positives in things.
Dont feel 'secure', now my future is so uncertain, im anxious about that, scared to let go and dont know 'how' to start. Ive always struggled to let go since what happened as a child, i worry that im about to have a breakdown, even thinking about maybe meeting someoen in future makes me sick as im still in love, im worried i'll be one of those people that mourns her for years to come, knowing i will never speak or see her again hurts like crazy.
I remind myself shes made her choice, shes already looking for the next victim and there are many people queing up cuz shes a damn good looking lady, and offeres everything u want from a relationship,,, but doesnt last.

Would be so much easier if there wasnt this level of anxiety, let alone the lack of sleep is killing me. Im a good looking guy, i know i could meet someone else, but atm i want her, stopping myself contacting her cuz will just prolong the pain.
It's the disbelief i still have, that im where i am now, i cant believe it and im trying to tell myself its real, that its over, that ive got to start again again, thats hard. Its still early days i know, but i feel worst now than i have the whole time. It's the struggling to find things to do, constant assult of memories, aspirations, my heart starts beating like mad, tension + anxiety, tell myself to calm down. Try to get some sleep but heart pounding, get annoyed i cant sleep, more tension, lay in bed 4 hours, drop off wake up 3 hours later and feel no better, then lay in bed another 5 hours and a zombie in morning. Thats the routine atm, ive tried drinking choc, exercise, bath, sleeping tabs aint working. I keep being reminded the only thing that will help is time :( in 10 days im feeling my worst, i hate time, each day feels like a week and its coming up to when we first met. I know im going on, just never been this low before and dont see how to start crawling out of the greased pit im in

gypsywomen
01-11-09, 13:46
no better then are you doig stuff to help a long run might be good ,,it will get rid of all this pent up feelings go on it will make you eel better

Aurun
02-11-09, 20:55
well i didnt get any sleep at all last night :( im so shattered. I went to work, god knows how i got there. It was a really hard day filled with memories. That the ex used to be there a lot waiting for me and that she'd broken up with me twice there.
I got through the day but the tension was boiling inside me, nearly burst into tears at the end of the day as radio started playing xmas songs which reminded me of all the plans we had made and new years eve would of been our anniversary.
I went to the docs again today - he'd doubled my Escitalopram to 10mg and said i should take it at 7pm as its a sedative and will help me sleep. Hes also given me a weeks worth of diaezapam to help me sleep.
I went into a shop today and bought joss sticks (lavender apparently help sleep), bought an ameythst rock (apparently helps with sleep), a new hypnotherapy cd to listen to.
As soon as i got home and my mother asked how i was i burst into tears for about an hour crying about everything recently, the injustice of it all, the loss, the pain, xmas coming up, trying to move on, the anxiety. Made me feel better but very emotional. Now i can feel the Escitalopram playing with my heart (jumping an pumping).
I hope i get some sleep, im so tired. I spoke to a friend earlier and she told me it might be the propranolol thats stopping me sleep, that it gives her night terrors and can cause insomnia. Im tempted to stop taking it (80mg a day), seeing doc tomorrow so will ask him.
Everyone reminds me you cant heal a broken heart or loss, only time will ease its suffering, and that i will always love her. If only i knew what really went wrong, and why she didnt feel she could speak to me then, keep beating myself up blaming myself

BexieB
02-11-09, 21:45
Hi Aurun

Your posts remind me so much of my experience with Cipralex. The first few weeks were hell on earth, I remember having a full 2 hours sleep in 72hrs on days 5-8, truly awful. I stuck with this med, even though i really wanted to bale out. Things improved over many many weeks and i started to feel normal after about 2 months.

I know you've a lot going on, but try and stick with the Escitalopram, you will feel better soon:bighug1:

Aurun
03-11-09, 15:51
Well last night i got no sleep again, thats 5 nights no sleep. Im shattered, my panic attacks this morning were that bad my mother called an ambulance - spent hours in hospital but nothing they could do. Whenever i take any of the 3 meds (propanaolol, escitalapram, diamzapam) i get the most unbelievable heartburn. Bought a load of gaviscon today to try to help.
Saw gp again and she has told me to stick with escitalopram. Given me something for heartburn and also tamazapram to help sleep. Been one hell of a day, anxiety is so bad and just had a scare from facebook - my ex's old m8 that tried to break us up months ago has added me & they are 'm8s' again which they fell out when she tried breaking us up. Thats given me a panic attack seeing that

gypsywomen
03-11-09, 15:58
sorry to hear your still going through lot of pain ,, i amon facebook but if i had a x who was on that i loved so much i wouldnt go there only make it worse ,,glad to see no matter how you felt you went to work thats great good for you

Aurun
03-11-09, 16:12
got signed off today though as not safe for me to work while so tired. My heart right now is racing like mad, and wondering why the hell this old m8 of the ex's is adding me, to glaot that we broke up i think, messed my head up

BexieB
03-11-09, 17:10
Hi Aurun

You poor love, your nervous system is truly on full alert at the moment, so that every thought you feed through it comes out as a catastrophie. I'm in my second 'breakdown' in 18months (came off meds too early) and i know exactly how you feel. Sleep depravation is vile and i used to really obsess about it. But sleep does come eventually, your bodies wish not to sleep because of fight or flight is not as strong as its eventual need to sleep. I really think the vast majority of your anx at the moment is because of the Escitalopram. These meds are good, but it never fails to amuse/shock me that they can do this to people who are already not the brink.

I really hope you start to feel a little bit better soon. Recovery can be a slow process.

Wishing you peace, solice and SLEEP
Bexie

gypsywomen
03-11-09, 17:16
she might have asked her to to find out what your doing or maybe her mate liked you but wouldnt say when you were together we women can be like that,, well if your going to be at home dont sit and brood go out for walks ,,just let your mind and body recover mags

Aurun
03-11-09, 19:18
thankyou again for your kind words Bex and mag :)
aye im going to go for walks, do some weights at home - i would pass out if i went to the gym
Ive got the shakes so bad atm, i guess a mix of lack of sleep and lack of sugar, hardly eaten much of it these past few days. Today ive had half a bowl of special K light sprinkle of sugar and just had a bowl of tomato soup with 2 pieces of bread, oh an a decaf cup of tea with two sugars.
Bought series 9 of family guy, gonna go for a bath in a little bit, then take tamazapam, i hope i sleep. I told the doc today that i think its the escitalopram thats keeping me awake but she said i should stay on it another week.
4 times today on the sofa i felt like i was gonna drop off then suddenly id get like an electric shock and id bolt upright, 4th time i had a panic attack :(

Aurun
04-11-09, 12:31
Well i had a bath, tried to ignore my hard heart beat. I took the tamazapan at 9.30pm and dropped off at 10.30pm. I awoke at 12pm with the most insane anxiety. I couldnt remember if the doc said i could use the tamazapan and diaezapam together so had to call nhs trustline. They said yes and its a good idea to do so as works better as a sedative.
I slept from 1am to 6.45am :) felt good for it but again awoke with the most terrible anxiety. Took my propranolol and escitalopram but the beta blockers havent helped the anxiety at all. Been trying to do little things today to keep me busy as i feel in almost a constant panic state. Breathing techniques not working, trying to calm down.
Cant seem to get reality into my head about our breakup. Keep seeing only the goods things, her smiling at me - just cant picture the reality that shes gone Forever, doesnt love me and is moving on - been talking to family about it and all say it takes time for your mind to accept it, bloody torturing me and just making the anxiety worst :(

BexieB
04-11-09, 17:08
Hi Aurun

Glad to hear you got some sleep. I know everything else is falling to pieces for you, but focus on any small improvement. Recovery from anx can be slow, with tiny improvements everyday. It can be difficult to see progress from day to day, it's more a case of looking back a week / forthnight at a time. Your diet is mirroring my own at the moment, cornflakes and soup. Yum! My progress so far is that the food is actually staying down. But i haven't started on my meds yet, so things could change then. Starting on Seroxat next week, couldn't start sooner due to having to discontinue St John's Wort.

Well done for sticking with escitalopram, i know how difficult it is. Sheer torture. Things WILL settle down for you soon. When they do, i think you'd really benefit from counceling, sounds like you have a lot of emotional issues that you could explore. Now is not the time for that, we have no real perspective on events when our nervous system is so highly charged. Keep up the good work

Bexie :hugs:

Aurun
04-11-09, 19:05
Thankyou Bexie :)
Good luck with starting Seroxat next week! Aye the escitalopram is horrible atm.
Spent most of today an anxious mess and decided to listen to sad songs, plus 'our' songs and ones that reminded me of her - well i instantly burst into a blubbering wreck for over an hour, let out so much grief, and afterwards i actually felt BETTER. The anxiety left me and i started to get a bit annoyed how she's affected me, stolen my identiy in a way so i got my things together, left the house and got my arse down the gym!! Weighted myself and ive lost 10kg's in 3 weeks :( now 82kg's, lost lots of muscle, but came back with a big appetite for 1st time in ages and ate a whole meal. I know tomorrow i may be a mess again but taking every day at a time. Not heard from her in a week now, its definatly over. I just need that reality to really sink deep into my heart, time........
Joe

Aurun
05-11-09, 09:17
Well i went out to a friends house and had a good time last night, felt almost 'normal' for the 1st time in a while. I didnt take any sleeping tablets (was told not to take them more than twice in a row) and actually got to sleep at just gone midnight!!!
I woke up 4 times but managed to get back off asleep!!!
Woke up at 7am, had a couple of thoughts about the ex (that last night iwas able to ignore) but they started my anxiety up. Took my propranolol, escitalopram and my heart started booming, went downstairs and had a panic attack worrying if tablets were reacting which of course they arent. Trying to calm down now. My anxiety is quite bad atm, not sure why. Feel so glad i got to sleep and the 1st time in 2 weeks without zopiclone or daiezapam or tamazipan!
Trying to keep myself busy, just shaking quite a lot and cant shift the tension anxiety in my midriff

BexieB
05-11-09, 09:37
Hi Aurun

Anx is usually worse in the morning, hope you have a good day

bexie

Aurun
05-11-09, 16:07
Aye its definatly worst in the morning, had a terrible trembling all day, shaking in my torso badly.
I was reading a previous post about propanolol - many people seem to be taking it at night whereas ive been taking it in the morning with escitalopram. It almost feels to me that taking them together stops the prop from working properly. Is it better to take it at night?

BexieB
06-11-09, 10:35
Hi Aurun

Haven't taken Prop myself, but must be worth a try changing dosage time. I usually only take the AD on its own, but this time was prescribed diaz. Took it on two consequtive nights, god what i headache i got. Slept well last night without it. Hope your continuing to notice small improvments.

Bexie

Aurun
06-11-09, 16:09
Hi Bexie :)
Well i sort of slep last night again without using sleeping tablets. I awoke 8 times during the night, took ages to get back asleep, was continually assulted with images of good times with the ex, it just kept upsetting me. Eventually i had to get up at 6am. The anxiety today isnt too bad but the trembling is really bad, very sensitive to things and sound.
Burst into tears many times today, missing her, haunted by the good memories, had 8 months of pure perfection and happiness then it went t"ts up and i will never know exactly why, i keep going on but the sense of loss, the rejection is so huge, that she doesnt love me anymore, after all the things she said even recently, i dont know what to believe or if it was all a lie. I keep trying to think of my 'new future', but just see blackness atm, xmas is upsetting me as we had so many plans.
I know in my head its over, shes not spoken to me in week and a half. Cant shake this sense of hope. God i miss her so much. Forcing myself to let go but i dont know how, it just creates more anxiety and panic. Her face, her smile, push the knife deeper, never seeing her again pushes it deeper, she doesnt love me pushes it deeper.
Trying to find positives, have no idea what to take from this relationship, just so much hurt, thinking that shes laughing and prob already with another guy cuts me deeper, whats wrong with me? i didnt change, im the same guy i was when she loved me more than anything..........
God how do u let go of someone u love so much, time heals i hear, and ironically time has slowed down for me, every day is a week. I know the relationship wasnt long, but it was so intense, we both 'apparently' wanted the same things from life together, she'd tell me daily. Letting go of the dream is hard - dont feel human, and the meds atm making it worst, lack of sleep makes it worst. Lost 10kg in 3 weeks :( so lonely, evenings are so lonely in bed. Its funny next to her in bed id easily get 9 hours kip, now i cant get 3

thehockeyplayer
06-11-09, 17:29
Hey aurun,

I went through that feeling about 2 years ago. Fell very hard for a girl but had to leave town and she didn't think it work out anymore. It killed me. I went to Canada to play hockey but I was solo down from it all. I was willing to quit to go home but decided against it. Anyway I came back home and got in touch with her and of course she was already with some one. That hurt. 1 year past and she sends me a random email. I didn't reply ad the pain was to much to go through again.

That was the short version as I'm typing from my phone but I was so down and out. In time it gets a lot better. Bu I know how hard it can be. Just keep on keepin on. What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

BexieB
06-11-09, 21:51
Hi Aurun

Your right about the time element of healing, it will happen. In the meantime try and reestablish routines that existed in your life before your ex. Remember you did have a life back then. Don't try and force yourself to let her go. Anx thrives on striving, accept your feelings of love for her and your hurt. Accept these feeling for now and for the weeks ahead, but know that they are temporary, you'll not always feel as you do now. This will pass.

Wishing you peace and solice
Bexie:D

BexieB
13-11-09, 14:07
Hi Aurun

Just wondering how you're getting on at the moment. Hope things are improving for you. :)

Bexie

Aurun
16-11-09, 09:57
Hello guys/ladies :)
well its been a tough week and a bit. i went to wales for my sisters 40th bday - i hated it, constantly felt she was meant to be there meeting all my family, it ruined it for me and i tried not to let it. My sleep patterns have been all over the place, only used diaezapam and tamazapam twice in a week.
Vary from an hour to 5 hours. Constantly got bags under my eyes.
I keep waking with terrible trembling and anxiety, it does get better as the day wears on but its getting to me.
I started driving lessons yesterday :) got a 2 hour lesson today :)
She told me why she stopped loving me - her answer was 'i dont know, i have no answer because i dont know it just did, it wasnt anything you did, i cant explain it'. Thats her answer and it makes me feel worst that such a perfect relationship ended for no reason and id done nothing wrong at all!!! It eats me up inside!!! I was so happy and so was she!!!! Im constantly bursting into tears, that my soulmate is gone for no reason.
I struggle to get myself to do anything, i enjoy nothing, i care about absolutly nothing except her, even when i had my daughter i didnt care thats how numb i am, how bad is that!!!
I feel like im going insane, nothing i enjoy, im still seeing her flashing into my mind all the time, my subconscious keeps trying to tie everythign to her. When i was sat in the passenger seat i keep seeing flashes of me sat next to her like i used to for the last 10 months.
I dream about her and thats torture. With xmas coming up im in pieces as we had so many plans, i was going to take ehr to paris and propose on top of eiffel tower with ring id designed, new years would have been our anniversary and i was getting a star named after her.
Im still a mess and yes its early days, the hurt is unbearable and i see not light yet. I need to rebuild my life i know, but i hate my life, i hate myself, i hate how i feel but i cant seem to hate her as she was perfect till she stopped loving me. God i hate anxiety!!!