PDA

View Full Version : Scared to walk alone

rabbit25
07-11-05, 13:28
I live 15 mins walk away from a Shopping Park. Last Thursday I think it was, I was walking alone IN DAYLIGHT to the Shopping Park when a man I don't know stopped his car and got out to ask me directions.
It was strange the area where he stopped and where he asked directions to.
Have I reason to be scared? Its really freaked me out and I feel daft mentioning it to people.
Theres plenty of companies down that road - why did he have to ask me, and I just wish more people walked down there.
Mum told me today that she saw a car hanging about in the same spot probably at the weekend and thats just made me feel worse.
I don't wanna let it stop me from going out and shopping and enjoying myself, but I feel I've got no choice but to carry on with life.
WHY HAS IT FREAKED ME OUT?

seh1980
07-11-05, 14:34
hi rabbit,

it's normal that youfeel uncomfortable in a situation like this. I wouldn't let it stop you from going out though as most times in situations like these, we read into things far too much and always think the worst, don't we?

Sarah :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

3faces
07-11-05, 16:35
Hello Rabbit:D

I think it's always important to be vigilant when you're out and about.

There probably wasn't anything sinister about this and perhaps you seemed approachable for him to ask directions of you.
Try not to let it worry you too much and don't let it stop you from going out.

If you and your mum see the car again and you're both genuinely worried, you can always ring the local police and they should check it out for you to put your mind at rest.

Don't brood on it though....most things we worry about never happen:D

Jem xxx

rabbit25
07-11-05, 17:04
Just been chatting to my friend on Messenger and she says she saw car in the same place and car was same colour.

nomorepanic
07-11-05, 20:13
Maybe get the car make/model and car reg and call the police.

Explain that you just had a funny feeling about this car and driver. I am sure they won't mind you being vigilant.

Nicola

rabbit25
07-11-05, 23:50
Pleased to say that I phoned the Police tonight. It took alot of courage I tell you.
I was shaking a bit after the phonecall.
The Police have logged my details but I still daren't walk down there on my own for a while.

3faces
08-11-05, 13:49
Well done for calling the police, you did the right thing. I can understand that you don't feel comfortable walking in that area now but don't let it stop you from going out. Try and arrange to be with a friend when you need to go to the shopping park or find another way. Well done you for being brave!:D

Jem xxx