PDA

View Full Version : slight belleding after smear

pb
30-10-09, 21:26
Had a smear this morning , it was really painful and i had slight bleeding afterwards and am now freaking out!!!
Although i have gone through the menopause i have had a few spots of blood.
Also going to have a pelvic scan, but had two of these last years.
Really worried about the bleeding.
Has anyone had bleeding after a smear and been ok. really need some reassurance.

nomorepanic
30-10-09, 21:28
Yes I have bled after a smear - perfectly normal I promise

RosieXXX
30-10-09, 21:30
Hello pb,

Yes, I have had bleeding after smear, each and every time. Nothing to worry about, this procedure can easily cause a small injury to the cervix.

pb
30-10-09, 21:38
Thanks for your replies , i feel abit calmer now !

Adelle
30-10-09, 21:51
Hi, I bleed everytime aswell.:)

mandyclare
30-10-09, 22:13
Happens to people all the time.. no need to worry.

: )

chickpea
30-10-09, 22:40
Me too - especailly if the nurse is a bit rough.
Not very nice, but nothing to worry about.:)

shaz01
30-10-09, 23:50
Same here...dont worry its fine....now you have reminded me Im overdue for booking mine aaggghhh :-(

loulabella
31-10-09, 00:04
Hi babe. Very very normal. People often cause additional bleeding on top of period just by using tampons but you obviously don't see it. I get some spotting after smear x

Humly
31-10-09, 07:59
Yes it always happens to me too.

Bubblegumpixie
31-10-09, 12:57
I do too! It's because I fidgit too much! It's very normal!

MissBoo
31-10-09, 15:21
I have gone and had none, and I have gone and had bleeding and everything was okay.

Cell block H fan
31-10-09, 15:23
Had a smear this morning , it was really painful and i had slight bleeding afterwards and am now freaking out!!!
Although i have gone through the menopause i have had a few spots of blood.
Also going to have a pelvic scan, but had two of these last years.
Really worried about the bleeding.
Has anyone had bleeding after a smear and been ok. really need some reassurance.

No I haven't, but ive had treatment on my cervix, & given birth to 2 kids, its probably like a piece of old leather by now! lol But ive heard its VERY coomon to bleed slightly afterwards, & I know my sister does sometimes. They have just been a bit heavy handed I expect :hugs: