PDA

View Full Version : When will it end?!

Fledylids
31-10-09, 01:25
This week I've been plagued by anxiety. I started having diarrhea on Wednesday and it's really freaking me out. Sorry for being graphic, but there's also been a little bit of blood in the stool. Bright red mostly and only on small chunks (though today I did have a bowel movement with some black pieces... I'm worried about that). I only mention this because I do have hemorrhoids. I mean I hope this just goes away soon. But it's the weekend and I'm at college. I'd have to go to the ER if I wanted to get checked out, and that's expensive. No doctors are really open on the weekend.

Abdominal pain has been minimal. Some nausea, no vomitting, and a fair amount of gassiness. I haven't felt dehydrated either. I really don't know what to do. What could this be? What do I do? I really need help here. Has anyone else been through this?

Angelicnorth
31-10-09, 11:04
Hi

Sorry to hear you are having these problems.

If the blood is bright red it is likely to be caused by hemorrhoids, you would also have itching and swelling this can be remedied by over the counter medications.

As for the black pieces in your bowel movement, I would see a doctor, this may be nothing and I have had this before and got checked turned out it was something I had eaten, I put it down to eating steak prior to this happening, have you eaten any red meat recently? Give it a few days and if it persists see your GP.

Hope this is helpful and all goes well for you.
Helen x

daisy232627
31-10-09, 20:52
I get that too depending on what I eat. Having anxiety effects our digestive systems, causing diarrhea and yes sometimes what you eat will come back out in little chunks...