PDA

View Full Version : Burnt out

Craven
07-11-05, 14:23
Hi everyone, I don’t post very often; I thought I’d try to get my average up to 1 a month! I’m off work at the moment. I’ve been off for nearly 3 weeks with “stress”. This is the only absence greater than a few days in well over 10 years. There maybe other factors why it’s come to this, but I don’t think I would be here, if it wasn’t for dedicated harassment from my manager!

I wont give too many details, but up until the beginning of this year, I was treated with respect and rewarded quite well for doing a good job. My manager seems to have a lot of issues and can be abrasive and off hand with everyone; my fatal mistake was discussing this with the next person in the management chain early this year. The senior manager mis-managed the affair and my boss turned on me!

The effect on my health has been gradual, a gradual chipping away of my self esteem, confidence, energy. I’ve been suffering depression for over 2 years, but I’m sure I wouldn’t be at this point if I hadn‘t had to put up with this. I wonder where I will go from here. I am looking for a new job at the moment, but I'm so "nervy", feel so burnt out and not very optimistic.

:(

trac67
07-11-05, 14:45
Hi Craven,

Remember to stay focused and positive, there is the perfect job out there for you, one that rewards you in the way you should be rewarded.

You will find it soon, and just take the time you have whilst looking to get yourself back to being the real you, and have some time out for yourself.

By the time you get your new job you will be a fresh raring to go person, ready to knock em dead lol.

Take care hun

Love
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
07-11-05, 20:23
Craven

Sorry to hear you are down at the moment.

Don't let work bully you ok. You have rights and they can't be seen to be harrassing you all the time and making you feel worse about being off sick.

They are not allowed to keep calling you and hassling you to go back if you are signed off work by a doctor but they can cut your pay if they want to and put you on statutory sick pay.

Do you want this job or do you just want to leave and move on?

Nicola

desperate
07-11-05, 22:25
Hi Craven,

Made me a bit sad to read that, I too was worn down gradually, it is sad when that happens as i guess it happens so slowly and then by the time u realise things really aren't right it's been happening a while.

But at least u have recognised it now and are doing something about it.

Maybe a new job will allow some of those 'old' feeling back in?

Just take the time you need, but try not to 'wallow' I only say that as i am guilty of it sometimes!

Just do what you have to do to get back out there i guess.

Sarah

Piglet
08-11-05, 10:40
Is it at all possible to change this situation by another job????

Hold onto who you are and remember people who need to be like this with you have major issues of their own to deal with (so my mum always used to say).

Take care mate.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Craven
08-11-05, 15:17
Thanks for your comments and your support. The best solution is to find another job, which I'm trying to do. Ideally I'll go back at some point and hand my notice in! It's difficult to remain positive, but I'm trying not to wallow :D

Thanks again

Dave

nomorepanic
08-11-05, 20:08
Dave

Keep smiling ok - something will come up and maybe it is for the best.

Nicola