PDA

View Full Version : phobia experiment

carldourish
07-11-05, 14:24
If you read other sections in this forum you notice that I have put together many different NLP techniques to follow.

Try this technique, however I recommend that you learn the process and read throughly first.

(1) FEARFUL SITUATION.

Take a minute and think of a situation that makes you have a phobic response. Think about it just enough to get a litttle bit of the feeling of fear. You want to be sure that you can get access to the part of you that creates the fear.

(2) MOVIE THEATHER

Now, in your mind's eye, imagine you are sitting in a large cinema. See yourself up on the screen in a still picture, just before you had the fearful response for the first time. (If you can't think of the first time you experienced this fear, think of the most intense time that you have had this kind of fear response.)

(3) LEAVE BODY

Now, imagine floating out of your body and go up into the projection booth, so that now you can look out and see yourself watching yourself on the screen. Stay in this projection booth until you are instructed to leave.

(4) WATCH A MOVIE

As you watch yourself watching yourself, begin to run a black-and-white movie of what actually occurred in that fearful situation, and see yourself going through that experience.Continue to watch that movie from the projection booth, until you reach the end of the situation when the trauma was over, and you can tell from the movie that you're safe again. At this point, stop the movie and make it into a still picture of yourself after the trauma was over with.

(5) RUN THE MOVIE BACKWARDS

Now, leave the projection booth, step into the still picture on the screen, and go through the whole experience backward, but this time in colour, just as if time were reversed and you were being sucked back through it by a giant vacuum cleaner. Do this very quickly, in about one & half seconds. Do this step several times over, getting quicker and quicker. When you're finished, actually physically get up and move your body around. Shake your arms and take a deep breath.

(6) CHECKING

Now, think of the experience again, and notice your response. In your mind, rate the fear on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst. If it's more than 2, repeat the entire process,being careful to do each step throughly.

Carl

nomorepanic
07-11-05, 20:15
This sounds like the technique that Paul McKenna uses and it seems to work very well so thanks for that.

Nicola

carldourish
07-11-05, 20:20
It's the technique that most NLP therapists use, it's called the fast phobia technique. excellent results, especially combined with hypnosis.

Cheers

Carl

Barb
07-11-05, 21:25
I have thought field therapy ( TFT ) WITH Dr Baron and he uses the fast phobia technique alongside the tapping sequence i find it excellent for agoraphobia.

Barb x

carldourish
07-11-05, 22:16
Hi Barb, I use EFT also with phobics alongside NLP. A great combination, for any phobia.

Cheers

Carl