PDA

View Full Version : starting setraline monday

amandaj
31-10-09, 13:40
just wondered if there are any effects with tihs medication as im always scared to take new meds, omly starting on 50mg and gonig upto 100mg in a few weeks any help on these would be grateful

amandax

anx mum
31-10-09, 14:13
Hi hun im on these meds 100mg a day havent had any bad side effects with them hope ur ok havent heard from u for a while x

Panic33
31-10-09, 15:38
Please be aware that it can have pretty bad side effects for up to about 6weeks, but not everyone gets them and most that do seem to die down after a couple of weeks.
I started on 50mg then went up to 100mg after 6weeks. Give us a shout if you want to :)

lynn1960
31-10-09, 16:03
hi i am on this tablet to been on it for 9 days still feeling very panicky anxeity bad when will they start to work

candee86
31-10-09, 17:26
Hey amandaj (the gaming legend :P)

I started Setraline last Monday and had 2 really good days and then had a few side effects the last 3 days just like headache and feeling a bit spaced out and sleeping a lot but nothing that is too bad :)

I have heard really good things about this tablet and how much it has helped people so fingers cross that we are both on the mend :P

Candy xx

kallie0509
31-10-09, 19:03
i started on 25mg 4 weeks ago then went up to 50mg a week ago and now on 75mg. still haven't had any side effects other than going to bed much earlier than i used to. anxiety died down a lot for a few days this week and i felt wonderful but it came back a couple days ago and now i feel like crap:( but like everyone says on here...it takes awhile to get rollin'

sue.b
31-10-09, 20:09
Hi Amanda

I take sertraline, I did get some minor side effects and I had an increase in anxiety for a couple of weeks but it died down after that. You may not get any side effects at all, some people don't. Hopefully you will be one of them.

Take care

Sue xxx

Panic33
31-10-09, 20:32
I got panic attacks, anxiety throw the roof for the first 3/4weeks then no real improvement till I was up to 100mg after 6weeks, - 4days after up'in felt 99% back to my normal self and still fine. It has worked for me, but I have to say the first 4 weeks or so was the worst time I have ever had in my life.

amandaj
01-11-09, 11:02
ty for all the replies, i hope i dont get any side effects as this is my worse fear ill lt you all know how im getting on on them
thanks again
amandaxx

nervy-paul
20-11-09, 13:54
Hi Amanda,

I have been on sertraline for about two years now. I find them to be about the best anti-depressant I have had for helping my depression/frame of mind, and I have tried a few different pills. The only side effect I have found is getting mild-to-bad headaches if I forget to take them one day - as I have occasionally done! I was on 150mg for a time, but this caused me to be hyper anxious, I was told this was because it was more than I needed, I am much better now with the 50mg. Good luck with your medication, and I hope it does the job for you!

bubbly
06-01-10, 22:11
hi, im also taking sertraline, (100), hang on in there! i've been on them twice. once for two and a half years, this time for 8 months now. yes u may have side effects to begin with, but unless they are intolerable... try to stick with them. Although everyone is diffferent and people are on different doses, give them a chance. they have helped me with depression and anxiety. This time round i didnt feel so scared to take them, because i remember how better they made me feel before. Good Luck with them! :) Many people understand, i didnt know of anyone who was on this medication, or anyone close that suffered with anxiety/panic attacks and depression, .. until i came on here. :)

twhitetina
09-01-10, 21:51
hi there,

I just started on sertaline four days ago I have been on before for three years, it worked great for panic attacks. You definetly feel more anxious the first couple weeks but it does get better. My first night back on them I had a major panic attack that scared the crap out of me but I feel like that all the time anyway. Once its in my system I feel like I can do anything
I feel normal(lol).

MentalCombat
12-01-10, 12:11
I was on 175 mg of them years ago they were great, recently been prescribed them again, but had a bit of a funny one on the first one, not sure if tablet or flu that caused it, they work well, but i am going to use st johns wort instead, like you say a bit scarey at times. stay well.
shaun.
QUOTE=amandaj;569189]just wondered if there are any effects with tihs medication as im always scared to take new meds, omly starting on 50mg and gonig upto 100mg in a few weeks any help on these would be grateful

amandax[/QUOTE]

MentalCombat
12-01-10, 12:14
They don't mend you, they give you a window of normality that allows you to look at your life and where you need to make changes, cos that is what is nneded, your life as it was is the cause, so need to make somechanges like why you stress out, whay causes it, how to look at it in a different way ect. good luck.
shaun.

Hey amandaj (the gaming legend :P)

I started Setraline last Monday and had 2 really good days and then had a few side effects the last 3 days just like headache and feeling a bit spaced out and sleeping a lot but nothing that is too bad :)

I have heard really good things about this tablet and how much it has helped people so fingers cross that we are both on the mend :P

Candy xx