PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring Quotes

johnno
31-10-09, 15:09
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/quote/26032.html) -einstein

You must be the change you want to see in the world. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/quote/27184.html) - Gandhi

Seek not happiness too greedily, and be not fearful of happiness. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/quote/2611.html) - Lao Tzu

In time we hate that which we often fear. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/quote/8413.html) - shakespeare

Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/quote/29397.html)

:hugs: xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :hugs:

kazzie
31-10-09, 18:23
WE ARE THE PEOPLE OUR PARENTS WARNED US ABOUT!!!!!

Fridge magnet in Torquay lol

Nice one Johnno!!!:yesyes:

Kaz x:hugs::hugs:

meena
01-11-09, 11:08
"What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured." (Bukhari)

"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith.

"When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less."

"GOD does not look at your appearance or your possessions; but He looks at your heart and your deeds.

"There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of God."

"Keep yourselves far from envy; because it eats up and takes away good actions, like a fire eats up and burns wood."

Granny Primark
01-11-09, 11:14
Be good to your children, they choose your nursing home.
You die if you worry you die if you dont. So whats the point of worrying.
Always look for the good in people and not the bad.

meena
01-11-09, 11:27
"Never give up efforts, even if you fail, the benefit you derive is experience."

Life is a grindstone.
Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us."

With determination, we can break through any wall that life puts before us."

We can have a positive attitude towards life, or a negative attitude. We can focus on the good or we can focus on the bad. Keeping a positive mental attitude is one of the keys to success.
The choice is always up to you!

kind regards meena.

PanicOver!!
01-11-09, 11:38
Don't be scared of dying. Just make sure you are not there when it happens

johnno
01-11-09, 13:38
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/quote/1517.html)

johnno
01-11-09, 13:41
meena you have some great quotes there :)

meena
01-11-09, 14:39
meena you have some great quotes there :)

Thanks johno.great tread.:)

PanicOver!!
01-11-09, 15:10
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.
Henry Ford

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas Alva Edison

There is no failure except in no longer trying.
Elbert Hubbard

There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
Woody Allen

meena
01-11-09, 15:23
Better to avoid the person altogether than to try to heal from the damage it causes.

The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.

"My dear heart never think you are better than others. Listen to their sorrows with compassion. If you want peace, don't harbour bad thoughts do not gossip and don't teach what you do not know.

(((**A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes**))

If GOD brings you to it,He will bring you through it"

And help one another in righteousness and piety; but help not one another in sin and transgression.

To talk in good manners is the symbol of good people,
Bad behavior,even animals don't like

Unless your heart, your soul, and your whole being are behind every decision you make, the words from your mouth will be empty, and each action will be meaningless. Truth and confidence are the roots of happiness.”

johnno
01-11-09, 16:18
:D
where u get these quotes from ? some are spot on

meena
01-11-09, 16:37
:D
where u get these quotes from ? some are spot on

hey johnno enjoy reading them and soon i will tell you where i got them from.:)

meena
01-11-09, 16:40
Be mindful of God, and you will find God in front of you. Acknowledge God in ease, and God will acknowledge you in distress. And know that what misleads you will never enable you to do right, and what enables you to do right will never mislead you. And know that help comes with patience, and that relief comes with distress; and that with difficulty comes ease.”

“Leave aside whatever caused you doubts or misgivings, in favour of what does not cause you doubts or misgivings. For truth is peace of mind, while falsehood is mental disquiet.”

The powerful one is not the one who overthrows others, but the one who controls himself in anger.”

“When a man tells you something in confidence, you should not betray his trust.”

"Acquire knowledge, it enables its professor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to heaven. It is our friend in the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless. It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornament amongst friends and an armour against enemies."

meena
01-11-09, 19:46
What is the purpose of my life? What is the purpose of your life? What is the purpose of our lives? Such questions occur frequently to thinking people.

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, they become destiny.

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.

Thorny
01-11-09, 20:24
I heard this quote & thought it quite good:

" The mind is like a parachute; it only works best when open"

meena
02-11-09, 09:06
Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.

The darkness that surrounds us can not hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear.

meena
02-11-09, 09:11
"Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow."~ Mahatma Gandhi

meena
02-11-09, 09:15
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

"Within each of us, nature has provided all the pieces necessary to achieve exceptional health and wellness, then left it up to us to put them all together."

meena
02-11-09, 09:24
"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

johnno
02-11-09, 16:49
wow meena these are fantastic , :) thank u
isnt it strange how we dont see the most simplest things ??

johnno
02-11-09, 16:55
thorny thats perfect simple quote too :)

johnno
02-11-09, 16:56
i hope ppl rly take in the words of these quotes they can be so helpful

Gaza
02-11-09, 18:10
http://www.babybokchoi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/worry.jpg

We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere.

Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow. - Worry bankrupts the spirit.

Nerves provide me with energy. They work for me. It's when I don't have them, when I feel at ease, that I get worried.

Make Peace with yourself!

gypsywomen
02-11-09, 18:11
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/3295663015_014d44eae3.jpg

meena
03-11-09, 09:18
Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ... As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.

When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow, Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

meena
03-11-09, 09:44
You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.

Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have.

To think clearly without hurry or confusion; To love everybody sincerely; To act in everything with the highest motives; To trust God unhesitatingly.

Unity to be real must stand the severest strain without breaking

Be beautiful if you can, wise if you want to, but be respected – that is essential.”

When you welcome your emotions as teachers,
every emotion brings good news,
even the ones that are painful.

meena
03-11-09, 10:21
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.

meena
05-11-09, 09:39
Take your words into account as part of your actions, and do not say anything unless it is good.

To completely trust in God is to be like a child who knows deeply that even if he does not call for the mother, the mother is totally aware of his condition and is looking after him.

It’s good to leave each day behind,like flowing water, free of sadness.Yesterday is gone and its tale told.Today new seeds are growing.

Anger begins with madness and ends with regret.

Your true friend is the one who participates in your efforts and for the sake of your gain, is prepared to suffer losses.

johnno
05-11-09, 19:39
Challenge: we must stop running and start facing the challenges that we encounter in our lives, because this was what I have learned in my experience. That no matter how far will you run or no matter where you will hide, the fears will never dissapear, but even worse, will strike you when you don't even think or expect.

meena
06-11-09, 11:26
If we pray, we will believe;
If we believe, we will love.
If we love, we will serve.

We know that whatever we do is simply a droplet in the ocean.
But if that droplet were missing, the ocean would be lacking.

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself.
The challenge is to silence the mind."

meena
09-11-09, 19:03
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.

ijustagirl
10-11-09, 09:29
If you think what you've always thought, then you'll do what you've always done..If you do what you've always done, then you'll get what you've always got....

johnno
10-11-09, 22:25
:)

meena
11-11-09, 14:56
In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then beleive them to be true.

Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

meena
13-11-09, 07:39
You have to turn it around and say ‘God still has a great plan for my life. I may not understand things that happen, but faith is all about trusting when you don’t understand it.

johnno
13-11-09, 23:38
meena id prefer for you not to preach religion hun,

meena
14-11-09, 07:46
meena id prefer for you not to preach religion hun,

john i am NOT preaching religion.and if i believe in God then that shoulnt really be a problem to anyone.:)

this one is for you john.

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.”

meena
14-11-09, 08:09
Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.

There is nothing so pitiful as a young cynic because he has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing.

johnno
14-11-09, 11:59
Do not believe in anything
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

meena
17-11-09, 10:32
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood

Life is the movie you see
through your own unique eyes.
It makes little difference
what's happening out there.
It's how you take it
that counts.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

The man who views the world at fifty,
the same as he did at twenty,
has wasted thirty years of his life.

‘One new perception,
one fresh thought,
one act of surrender,
one change of heart,
one leap of faith,
can change your life forever.’